on 9 January 2010
Having listened to this album for a year, even during the summer months, and then reading the reviews by others, I found myself agreeing, particularly, with two of my fellow reviewers. As Lee Kaay said, "other reviewers have missed the point." Remember, "this is Enya, not different Enya". If you REALLY like Enya, why would you want something different? Me, I don't want anything different, I want her, in all of her glory - and this is a glorious album. In fact, this album is probably second only to Watermark, if not THE best.

Then, there is Julia Gemstone. I am not a stressed parent (my two lads have flown the nest), but I agree entirely with her when she says she loves Enya and find her music soothing. I find great peacefulness in her music. Strangely, I am not a fan of Christmas, but do like Christmas music; but I think this album, as the title states, goes beyond Christmas and goes into the whole winter season.

I find the whole album has great warmth and a variety of textures. It also feels like an album accessible to all - the children would like "One Toy Soldier", those who like a bit of tempo in their music have "My! My! Time Flies!" and "Trains and Winter Rains" to listen to, whilst those who want a hymnal slant can have the beauty that is "O Come, O Come Emmanuel" and the fantastic new, Chorale version of "Oiche Chiuin" (Silent Night in gaelic).

For us old romantics, I think the highlights of this album, and tracks I just can not stop playing are "Dreams Are More Precious" and "Last Time By Moonlight" - in my opinion, the two best tracks I have ever heard from Enya. The first has such beauty in the lyrics and are wonderfully sung as a single voice; the second, as with other tracks on this album, has a whole choir of Enya and is just the most magically romantic song - I get goosebumps listening to it.

Yes, I know it's all subjective and it may not be everyone's cup of tea, but I find this to be a beautifully produced album, with stunning music, singing and instrumentation. The CD booklet is even a masterpiece, in snow white, with great pictures of our heroine and containing Roma Ryan's lyrics.

For me, this is sheer bliss - New Age music at its very best. Thank you, Enya. Some may have doubted whether you, Roma and Nicky Ryan, still had the ability to come up with another great album, but you've done so here with something bordering on superlative. What I want now is a DVD of all the tracks....or is that one request too far?
on 29 August 2017
Excellent customer service. I love Enya music, it's really relaxing and this CD is a bit different from the usual christmas music you get, I can't wait to listen to it. Would definitely recommend.
on 27 January 2017
Love this cd I want to buy all my sisters daughters and friends just like all her cd beautiful
on 6 March 2017
CD was as described. would use this seller again.
on 10 August 2017
Very atmospheric Christmas album with song very good new versions of old classics but also a couple of surprising up-beat catchy pop tunes (not exactly 'Rave' tracks from Enya but probably the closest you're ever going to get!). Looking forward to December when I'll be able to start listening to it again
on 16 January 2017
ok
on 9 February 2017
brillant
on 27 October 2017
A fine cd, from a consumate artist
on 21 May 2017
what's not to like about Enya
on 30 August 2017
great album worth every penny