on 3 November 2017
Not read yet but should be up to the usual S King standard.
on 30 May 2014
I read and re-read these stories as a teenager and found myself wanting to read "Long Walk" again - which I posit would make a brilliant screenplay! Once again I enjoyed King's ability to pull the reader along and, as a teenager, I again read his stories long into the night.
on 15 December 2009
I remember reading this some years ago and always hoped Stephen King would continue the series and low and behold I found out a few months ago that he had, so I brought the first one again(which has had some added material by the author) and I will now continue reading the rest of the series. I thought this was a brilliant read with a good story and main character, I'm now on book 3 and still enjoying them.
on 26 February 2018
A little pretentious and confusing
on 26 May 2018
boring and rambling
on 16 December 2016
Brilliant collection of not-quite-short stories. This is the first Stephen King book I have read and loved it.
on 23 August 2017
Nicely presented box set of books. Mine came through with a little surface damage on a corner of the box, but nothing major. Hoping for some good reads!
on 22 February 2014
I enjoyed the book as I wanted to try something from famous Stephen King. I did not want exact horror so someone recommended for me Rose Madder. I enjoyed book but I do not have feeling that I want to come back to it anymore, the feeling I have sometimes when reading other books.
on 29 April 2013
This book leads into a wonderful series. It has great depth and is therefore not always an easy read but really worthwhile as some parts take a while to work out. Hidden meanings and mystery pervail, I really do love this series. Sorry, I won't be selling it back, its staying on my shelf to be worn out!
on 3 May 2018
In his introduction Stephen King says he drew inspiration from Tolkien but if he did the influence is well hidden. A dark and depressing tale with a threadbare storyline - what was all the fuss about? I’ll persevere onto book 2 and see if it gets any better...