on 12 January 2011
I had read lots of reviews mainly of its higher-spec brothers with similar features and looks, but the majority warned of a problem with the radio reception. I nevertheless chose this unit because it fitted in the space available, and had some nice features such as MP3 playback, USB input, and aux-in which allows me to feed in internet radio from my smart phone. The minus risk was balanced out by the design on a paper assessment.

The unit lives up to my expectations in all respects, and the the radio section is a poor performer in terms of sensitivity. I am lucky in that I have been able to feed the tuner from a loft mounted aerial that also supplies my sitting room audio in our good reception area. The sound from each section is well defined, easily adaptable to the users' tastes, and the remote is good.

Forget about using the piece of wire that Panasonic supply as an FM antenna. If you are thinking of using it anywhere that you can't force feed a strong FM signal into it, you should abandon any thought of getting acceptable sound from the tuner.
on 10 January 2011
This Player is very good. Elegant and stylish, not overlarge and extremely good at what it does.
It's full of useful features.
The Equaliser has preset for Rock, Pop, Clasical, Voice etc. or you can further amend it to suit yourself. The sound is excellent.
The bass lift is good and the Suround sound feature really works.
The supplied remote is a good size, no fiddly buttons and they're all marked clearly and easy to use.
You have to put the CDs in vertical and click them onto the drive spindle, rather than dropping them in horizontal, but after a couple of goes it's no problem.
Might be awkward if you have stiff hands.
All in all, very pleased with mine, looks good and plays everything well.
on 6 March 2011
Bought one of these Panasonic systems mainly for use in the bedroom to listen to CDs quietly late at night. Based on the generally favourable reviews on Amazon and other sites it seemed a good buy for less than £100. However, once it arrived and I'd got it set up it had very disappointing sound quality at quiet volumes.

If you use it at volumes of '20' or higher (usual everyday listening) then it is fine but this would be too loud for late at night and so if you drop the volume under '12' or so, the CD playback gets seriously distorted/noisy to the point where it is practically just noise at volumes under '7' (Strangely, more like an overdriven sound) and is extremely unpleasant and harsh to listen to. I tried a few CDs and got the same thing.

Now, you could surmise that mine was a defective unit but everything else worked and sounded fine (at higher volumes) so I have returned it to Amazon for a refund and will look for some other device. Usually Panasonic equipment is by far the best brand to go for with equipment like this and I was surprised and disappointed to find this not up to their usual high standards.
on 27 April 2011
I bought this to replace an old mini system I'd had for years which played all my MP3 discs. With the advent of iPlayers it's hard to find a system that plays MP3's any more.
This does the job but without the bass or richness of my old system. I guess for it's size it's not too bad but I do regret not paying more and getting something with more power and better speakers.
I only use it in my home office and even in a small room it sounds quite tinny so I definitely wouldn't recommend it highly.
VINE VOICEon 7 January 2011
Thanks to all the reviewers on this system - it does what it says and more. I am very pleased with all aspects of this Micro System and would highly recommend it to those people who have minimum space but still demands a good quality sound with many features including USB and MP3 playback.
on 13 January 2011
Excellent purchase - very good sound quality. small enough to fit on a shelf I have in my kitchen. Very happy with purchse
on 6 July 2011
Brilliant unit !
Had everything I wanted, USB input, head phone output, could play MP3 files
And even had a sleep timer, perfect for bedside listening
on 14 January 2011
Bought for pressie. Seems to be of good quality sound. Needs to be placed where it cannot be knocked over when operating.
on 19 June 2014
This small stereo is perfect in my sons bedroom. The sound quality is very good, especially considering how slim it is. Of course it is not Bose or B&O, but neither is the price tag. This is a smart looking unit too. Son is very happy.
on 1 May 2014
I was so pleased with this product I bought a second one.
Great sound and so easy to use. It also looks good.

Highly recommend this product.