Customer reviews

Biona Organic Agave Light Syrup, 250ml
Size: 250ml|Change
Price:£5.15+ Free shipping

on 10 January 2014
I've see (onTV) that fructose is considered more 'sugarful' than equivalent amount of granulated sugar- but no mention of Agave products, so am still not clear as to whether g.sugar is actually better for our system or not! Meanwhile I have found that Agave is in all its other forms. hugely beneficial so see no reason to doubt this form of its use. Plus its darn good, 'tastes' only if you use too much and I haven't noticed any hikes in temperature or skin itching as a result of using it, whereas the g.sugar does both (I am Diabetic2) so no contest for me! Because so little of it is used (I use it in coffee and only have one cup of coffee a day- am a tea drinker in which I don't like a sweetener!) I find it is long lasting -a teaspoon is ample).
on 25 September 2013
I'm converted! This product is a great and healthy alternative to sweetening with sugar. I've used it in cakes, coffee, desserts etc and they've come out fantastically. The syrup itself is a lot sweeter than the equivalent in honey for example, and doesn't have the same flavours that honey does, but that has its uses if you don't want to overflavour something.

Really good for people who want to avoid processed sugars, as this is a more natural source of sweetness, and it is worth the money as it goes a long way. I use it to sweeten my porridge mostly, and I hardly need to use any.
on 15 September 2016
If using in drinks (like I did) I'd say 1tsp of this pretty much equals 1tsp of sugar, you get about 50 tsp in this bottle. Don't know much about the supposed health benefits. But it does taste good, very nice in tea (green, herbal and normal) and coffee. I do think it is very expensive though - considering if people use it in baking/eating.
on 14 April 2015
First introduced to Agave syrup, where I was shopping at my local Tesco store.
Since then, not been able to find it, so was very pleased to find a similar product here on Amazon.

Not too heavy or sweet and it's perfect with my morning cereal, though have yet to try in Tea or Coffee.
Will definitely be looking to make another purchase, once this bottle finishes.
on 23 January 2014
This is an ingredient that I had heard of but never bought before. I had decided to eat more healthily and found that this ingredient was in quite a few healthy recipes so I decided to buy it. I was not disappointed it is a really great ingredient to have. It arrived very quickly, and I will not be without it again.
on 2 June 2015
This is yummy! I use a little on my fruit on my breakfast to stop my fruit from tasting sour which sometimes it can taste. A little goes a long way and this sized bottle will last me a long time.
on 12 February 2014
Wonderful, sweet light syrup instead of sugar...ideal for coffee, tea, puddings et al...will order again and recommend to my friends.
on 8 October 2015
Really good alternative to sugar. I use mine for cocktails at home such as a margarita or caipirinha. Works so much better than sugar in these drinks
on 29 December 2013
Originally bought to use in the recipes in Gizzi's Skinny weeks and weekend feasts book.However have used it in other cooking as well so can see it becoming one of my kitchen staples.Very sweet, similar to golden syrup but sweeter.Keeps well.
on 13 March 2016
As a vegan I have used this religiously for almost 2 years in place of ALL sweeteners, works great in hot drinks and baking! Though it should be added with wet ingredients!