on 9 November 2011
Used by our 20 month old son for the last 6 months with no sign of boredom kicking in yet. A great way to keep them in one place, particularly if you want to be outside in the summer and keep them under a parasol or in the shade.

The legs pop off and the yellow side trays fold over the middle compartment meaning you can transport it round when you need to. (ours came on holiday to the lake district and proved invaluable on a couple of rainy days).

A good way to play with sand and water at the same time by using the different compartments, the waterwheel and other accessories which are included are great.

Older cousins (4, 6 and 7 also still play with this so 'm sure this will be around for a long time).
on 17 June 2011
This a good size sand and water pit but the description is incredibly misleading as it does not fold away. To fold away - you have to unscrew parts and re-screw them back. Also the lid does not meet in the middle meaning that it is not rain proof. Could have been much better designed.
on 17 April 2011
Arrived within two days of ordering online. Easy to assemble. My son enjoys playing with it daily. The plastic tools that accompanied it are fine although I did buy a few extra. Closing it is a bit of a faf so we bought a BBQ cover instead that we sling on it each night.
on 7 May 2013
We bought this item back in December 2012 for just under £20.00. We used it indoors with rice and other dry items to keep our 2 year old amused. I am so glad I did as the price has doubled (is that the sunshine effect?!).

So as I said we used it indoors with rainbow rice-it was a smash hit. And as the sun is shining on us today we took it outside...and it provided us with over 2 and a half hours of entertainment. My toddler only stopped playing as she wanted a snack.

This item is NOT fold away-however it is easy to put away and assemble. You basically 'pop' the legs in place and 'screw' the side containers on with large bolts. These plastic bolts are used to secure the table for storage too. It takes less than 5 minutes to back up/set up so I won't be complaining. We are using additonal items purchased such as hand held sieves and buckets as our little one likes to have things in her hands too.

I gave this toy 5/5-simply because it's durable (it's not cheap plastic), it's well built and can store away easily, it provides enough for a child to do and it's fun.

Our next play session will include some sand. Lovely toy recommend.

Perhaps it's worth hold back to see if it drops in price?

Seen this item in a certain Supermarket for £40.00.
on 26 June 2014
We got this for our granddaughter's 3rd birthday. She was so enthralled in it that it was difficult to get her to leave it long enough for lunch etc.

We got some extra bits to add to this item: some sand scrapers to make patterns in the sand, some moulds, spades, buckets, sand seives, sand buckets etc and so there was so much to do.

There are two trays so great for when our baby grandson gets a little bigger/older. One tray is for sand the other water. There are seives, funnels for water and sand to go through. It is in a range of colours and so looks attractive.

As it is made of good solid plastic it appears to be practical to clean.

Highly recommended. Our granddaughter thoroughly enjoys it so we are delighted with our choice of gift.

One more thing, from a grandparents point, the table is at a respectable height for the children to stand at but also grandparents, mums, dads etc can sit comfortably whilst playing with the little ones and so can actively take part in playing.

We intend on getting somd cheap jelly moulds and plastic cookie cutters to make additional patterns in the sand.
on 22 July 2016
Quite small but adding the two cover trays is a bonus. We actually have added a couple of legs to keep the sides up as kids will be kids and will lean on them when playing and they will collapse. The main sand box is quite sturdy it's easy to put together and comes with small small spades and rake, it has a tipper and a sieve. It's easy to cover up when play is finished and because if its size it's ideal for a younger child - my two year old Grandson loves it and I can put it away easily in the play area.
on 2 July 2016
Really great product at a reasonable price. Like that fact that you can pack it away at the end of the day/summer. I don't use sand in mine just water as my 17 month old loves water play. Good height and good quality.
on 15 May 2016
Not a bad table, bought it for use with sand but you need to unscrew parts to fold it up so will not keep sand fresh. Using for water instead and will empty after each use. Side trays and accessories seem a bit flimsy but have survived the first play. Would recommend something more sturdy especially given the price
on 29 June 2016
Bought this for 4yr old grandson after seeing an earlier version used for several years by my grandaughters. works well as water and or sand table and when dissembled is light to carry aroumd. Not sure how robust it will be as it is not as strongly constructed as earliier version. Very useful that it can be covered securely after play to prevent soiling.
on 17 April 2012
My grand daughter is really enjoying this sand pit she plays with it regularly. We like the fact that it can be put away when she is not here.