Colour Name: Black|Change

on 15 May 2011
I go through loads of earphones, so I like to find a good deal.
They always get tangled up in my bag so eventually they break! Ive got to say these seem the toughest!
In the past 5 years I must have gone through about 20 pairs, but then when I bought these they lasted me a whole year before I broke them, thats why I had to replace them with the same ones. The sound is amazing too. Very clear, and matches whatever settings I put into my mp3 player. I also like that they have a long wire, so I dont have to have my equipment on show, and I like the asymetric wire which means i dont keep catching it.
on 9 January 2013
Had a pair before but somehow they were lost, closest to this quality were a pair of JVC but they didnt quite offer the full sound i was after, theses deliver nice crisp detail but also incredible bass down to a claimed 6Hz, use them on my phone for music, and on my laptop would definitely buy again but this time I hope I wont need to...
on 15 October 2014
I love Philips in ears - they're comfy, durable (I usually only manage some cable breakage after two years rather than months), and the sounds good. Those aren't quite as brilliant as the bassy version, but they nicely reduce outside noises for nice and clear listening. And for that, they come at a very good price.
on 23 July 2016
I've had these headphones for about three months now. They were a replacement for my previous pair of Sennheisers, a venerable set that lasted me about good seven years or so until the cable broke at the splitter. The main reason I went for these Philips is because they have an asymmetric cable, which I really like, and this is the only pair I could find with it.
They are, unfortunately, really annoying. I thought I'd just need time to adjust, but it's not happening. The cable is the most easily tangled thing in the world. Thin and weightless, it can knot itself from merely brushing against itself. I usually wrap my headphones around my iPod or 3DS when not in use. With my old headphones, this never caused a problem. For these, they get themselves tangled and knotted when I got to unwind them EVERY SINGLE TIME. "Why not store them some other way?" I hear you ask, quite fairly. Because the cable is so long and again, so prone to tangling, that no matter how you leave it, it's a mess the next time you look at it.
The other big problem is the shape of the earphones. Not having had to buy earphones for the best part of a decade, I have been unaware of "advances" in earphone design, but apparently the in thing now is to have heads that are meant to plunge as deeply into your ear as possible? These headphones come with three interchangeable size options for the heads - "normal", "not a chance" and "are you kidding me?" Maybe I just have abnormally small ear canals, but regardless of what size I use, these things do not stay in at all. They constantly pop out even when I'm just sitting around, let alone if I'm using them while walking briskly. The rubber heads are also quite prone to detaching from headphones, especially when caught in the inevitable tangles, which means they're quite easy to lose, thus rendering the headphones unusable.
But I shouldn't make this review too negative. On the plus side... they're a really nice shade of blue?
on 19 October 2013
Had a pair of these original and when they broke bought a different make but they sound on them was awful, really tinny. So splashed out and bought myself another pair of these. The sound quality is excellent. Just wish they had the speaker in them so when a call comes in I could answer my phone.
on 30 July 2015
I've used these almost exclusively as my travel earphones for many years. They sound much better than all similarly priced headphones and most mid-priced ones too, with no obvious boxiness in the mids, no harshness in the highs and a round and powerful low end without being too soft. They have survived much abuse from being shoved into pockets and seem last for a couple of years with being treated roughly. I've tried a few other more expensive sets but always come back to these.
on 8 July 2012
These are my second pair (1st pair wire split) there have a great sound and omit all external surround noise, good price and would buy again (hopefully not soon)

Update 15/08/2012 - Yet again 2nd pair and one of the wires at the jackplug has broken as one ear now silent again - as with previous pair the only last for a short time - unacceptable
on 4 April 2012
i've gone through numerous pairs of headphones and as a result i have so so many spare ear buds, probably had 6 sets of headphones in the space of the last 2 years or so. i intentionally seeked out these exact specific headphones because they were the ones i had last and they lasted near on a year and 6 months! (which is astounding!) i consider that to be an eternity considering all the others died on me 3 odd months after buying them.

for a moment i thought about buying an expensive pair (beats by dre)but then i realized "why not just get the same pair i just had?" if your not fussy when it comes to headphones, buy these. forget all the other expensive ones, dont even bother looking at them, these are the ones you want. decent price, good quality and also just as importantly product longevity!

just an additional note, i didnt really take best care of the first set of these. eg; tugging/stretching the wire and generally being careless with them, so they didnt last long as they could have. which is why i now take extreme care with the new set, to make sure they work even longer then the first pair that lasted a year and a half.

brought them this 2nd pair in Nov '11 & they crapped out just now May '13
on 15 May 2013
I'm very pleased with my purchase. I must firstly point out that they are by far the best pair of sports in-ear earphones I've ever paid for. I can't take them out of my ears they're that enjoyable! I've always been a big fan of Philips' audio technology, they know exactly how to get you the best for what you pay for! These earphones are very comfortable, come in neat packaging, and for the price, are totally worth it! I have to say the quality of these are excellent, considering they are well priced in-ears! I didn't expect so much power out of drivers this small! I'm hoping this pair will last me some time, in fact I have a feeling they will.

I would totally recommend this to a friend. In fact, the amount of pairs of cheap in-ear headphones my sister has been through is unbelievable! I might just buy her a pair too!

As for any future customer reading this, pay no attention to the others noting that they do not fit. They must either have very small heads or they do not know how in-ears fit properly! They fit perfectly (I am a male, 17).
on 22 February 2014
They have a good sound with a good bass and fit comfortably.

The wire that leads to the right earphone is longer than the left one so if you don't want that these aren't for you; but otherwise there very good and I'd recommend them.