Colour: Ice Water|Size: C|Change

on 31 December 2013
My previous ironing board was a wedding present 43 years ago which finally, after sterling service, broke in half over Christmas! Hence I was looking for an equally sturdy and reliable replacement,although this time I required space for my steam generator iron. I realised that I would have to pay a little more for a quality product.
I have to say, I am delighted with the Brabantia board.
Yes it is on the heavy side and therefore not suitable for anyone suffering from arthritis or the very elderly.
However, this for me is outweighed by the generous, well-padded ironing surface and perfectly sized generator
resting station.
I am confident this board will outlast me!!
Incidentally, I only ordered this on Saturday28th December and it was delivered at lunchtime on Monday 30th-
brilliant service, Amazon!
on 31 August 2013
Perfect for my large, heavy steam generator iron. Yes the board is a little heavy but has to be as very strong and stable. Great for using as a sewing base as well. Good value just wish I had ought one years ago.
on 19 April 2013
I am really pleased with this ironing board. Yes, it is on the larger size, and a bit heavy but - on the plus side - it is extremely easy to set up, feels sturdy and houses my steam generator comfortably. As a large family of 6, it helps ease the volume of ironing and bedding I have to iron!I haven't experienced any wobble from the legs and the rubber feet ensure the board doesn't move around.
on 3 November 2011
Just bought Bosch steam generator iron and needed new board. Looked at lots and read reviews etc and purchased Brabantia board with steam iron rest, however not suitable for SG Irons so it went back - and how easily thro Amazon v good customer service! - and got this one. Its sturdy, holds the SGI easily and has wide board for large duvets etc. I thought the cover was a bit thin but it works ok to let the vast amount of steam through, no laundry rack presumably because of steam underneath, I do lots of vertical steam ironing now - brilliant, much easier on light items than the board. The height is ok for me, I am short and iron standing, odd that the adjuster is the opposite side of the board but is ok. Its not too heavy to lift and put away. Seems good buy.
on 27 August 2013
I've been struggling for the past 10 years with a £9.99 ironing board I bought as a student. After investing in a steam generator I decided it was time for a decent ironing board so I bit the bullet and paid for this one. I have to say that the combination of the pair has turned ironing from a chore into an absolute breeze. This board is sturdy, offers lots of space and the additional steam unit holder means it's ideal for modern irons. Unless someone invents another type of iron that requires a different kind of holder, I can see this ironing board lasting me until the end of time.
on 18 April 2014
Purchased primarily to accommodate a Tefal steam generating iron.
The board is a very secure though slightly heavier unit than a standard sized board.
The extra width is very useful as it allows more fabric to be ironed in one pass therefore reducing ironing times.
It has a useful retaining clip which holds the legs in place when folded and stored.
Would definately recommend.
on 25 November 2011
Just as good as the old one, the plate for the steam generating iron fits well, but does make the board heavy to move.I like the new clip to hold the legs when stored.
on 15 April 2015
These ironing boards are fantastic and very useful to have the large area to sit our steam iron on.
arrived with slight damage, but amazon provided a discount due to it being the last in stock, thus the 4 stars.
on 18 August 2013
Hard to believe what a difference an ironing board can make but it has to be said that this board is fantastic. It easily takes our newly acquired steam iron and the width and padding makes ironing a breeze. Best of all the height means my hubby no longer complains of back ache when ironing, which means he can do his fair share of the ironing too!
This wide ironing board weighs 9 kilos which is ridiculously heavy. Maybe if you live in a house and have a good sized Utility room and could leave it up permanently , it would not be a problem but for me it's weight, having to move it around, open and close it makes it an absolute no-no!
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse