on 14 September 2010
This does exactly what it is supposed to do and I had no problems with set-up. It will easily meet the needs of almost all home users. I run a desktop, a laptop and my freesat box off it with no problems whatsoever. The box is a bit misleading as it describes its coverage as good. There are other categories described too (better and best) but I suspect that is to convince consumers to buy possibly more powerful routers. If you live in a standard house/flat then this is perfect for you.

I have had other brands of router, but I reckon Belkin is the best. They just work.
on 24 November 2010
I bought this wireless modem/router to replace a previous Belkin model that I had used without problem for 6 years until a recent fault had developed when it began spontaneously dropping the ADSL connection.
I decided to stick with Belkin given my previous favourable experience and I think I have made the correct decision.
The easy set up wizard only needs your ISP username and password, all the other settings seem to be read automatically.
During the set up process, I stupidly mistyped my username and was informed by the wizard that my details were not correct. I rectified my mistake and carried on but was faced with the same error page stating that my details were incorrect. As I didn't have time to fiddle about I turned everything off and went out. On my return, I turned on the computer and modem and the internet connection was made automatically and within a few seconds I was up and running (I only mention this in case anybody else is as daft as I was and makes a similar mistake - as can be seen all is not lost).

I have been using the modem/router now for over a month and it has worked perfectly.
It is connected by cable to two computers and wirelessly to a laptop, to my phone and to a Soundbridge streaming device and all at the same time if required. It doesn't appear to run hot as some have suggested.

I am awarding 5 stars because:

1. The set up is very easy
2. The only information required is your ISP username and password
3. Setting WPA-PSK security is simple and takes literally a minute
4. The whole process from opening the packaging to being online should take less than 10 minutes
5. It is excellent value for money
on 2 September 2011
Here is the review of the belkin wireless g modem router, very satisfied with this product, good design, good wireless signal, Easy setup on the web based configuration. Works with my xbox360 with no lag on online gaming, so overall a very good purchase and highly recommended!
on 21 September 2011
As a functional wireless router this is actually pretty good considering the sub-£15 price point. It supports a decent array of LAN, WAN and firewall options, is fairly simple to set up and seems to hang on to the phone line well. In the few weeks I've owned the device it hasn't crashed or required a reboot. If you give it adequate ventilation it doesn't get very hot either.

However, it does have some issues. The most significant to me is that the wireless will not turn off. There is a setting to turn it off, but it soon comes back on again. Not a problem to those wanting to use it with wireless enabled, but for someone who doesn't (say you want to use modem bridge mode, or want to disable it for security, or worse: thought is was disabled so didn't apply security) it is annoying. Another issue is that it seems if you select a strong password for the config pages it does not let you back in! Some of the DSL line stats are just random numbers (although the sync rate appears correct), and it has a worrying habit of openly stating passwords and wireless pass-keys on the config pages.

I contacted Belkin about some of these issues. To give them credit they responded quickly, but limited to the usual script followed by an offer to replace the device (which went nowhere) - their tech support doesn't seem to be very technical.

For what I wanted these issues limit this product's usefulness. For someone looking for a cheap ADSL2 wireless router and knows what they're doing, it really isn't too bad.
on 27 June 2011
This product arrived in a clear white box - not Belkin box, however the item was as described and in good order.
Set-up was an absolute breeze - connected the cables as described in the "Quick Set-up Guide" inserted the CD, connected to the power supply, followed the on-screen instruction AND hey-presto everything was working - Happy Joy.
The supply company was very efficient and delivery time was only two days - fantastic.
If you need a modem/router - I can highly recommend this product and this company as a supplier.
Thanks again Amazon and Pure Products.
on 5 December 2012
This is a very good Wireless router and before doing this review I was using it to see what I think. Well after setting it up with the wiring and the software it comes with it was working. Now if you like me and you need to get onto other services then the port forwarding is not too bad once you start to get to know it. It will allow you to put other computers onto the wireless network and without the code then others will not be able to jump into your network. If someone did get on you would need to set it up inside the router that person can and cannot use it. Just in case the kids are using it you can stop them using sites and stop them using the computer from a time you tell the router. You can stop people on the network at any time and it will allow you to get onto Free Radio Network and of course other things you may use. Its a very good Router.
on 21 February 2012
I have been using this router for 3 months now with PlusNet. I have had ZERO issues with it! It has worked perfectly for me. As I have moved to Sky for broadband I must sadly use the equipment Sky provides me. It is not that fastest little box out there, but for me it worked fine. Software is fine & easy and you can dig under the hood and do more advanced settings. Though it is not Wireless N, I did seem to get good performance over network sharing. Video buffered a bit, but that's to be expected. If you need a router that is basic and works then I recommend this little guy. Not ugly, not stunning, but totally functional! My only gripe is the mains adapter, the one I got was a continental one so I have a rather large adapter hanging out of more adapters on a power strip... Not pretty there. I knocked 1 star for that issue alone, just because the power end is bulky...
on 31 December 2012
This was to replace my old Belkin router which was working perfectly but was an old specification (ADSL rather than ADSL2+). The new router worked but its range was insufficient and less than the old Belkin even though the manufacturer claimed a range of up to 400 feet for the new one and only 100 to 200 for the old. Pure were brilliant and refunded me immediately without a quibble.
on 3 June 2012
Yes, I admit the product arrived on time and in good condition - appearance wise. Setting up was so so. The unit was initially slow to respond, but what was most annoying is the fact that the internet kept dropping out. I guess the lesson learned is "You get what you pay for". It was cheap and it performed that way. In total I managed to get 48 hours of frustrating service from this heap of rubbish, before it gave up the ghost completely. The message here is BEWARE and certainly AVOID this unit.
on 21 November 2012
For the most part I'm very happy with this router. When my broadband provider wanted to charge a ludicrous amount to upgrade us to a wifi box, this was a dirt cheap way of getting wifi in our house.
Everything you need is provided in the box, it's fairly easy to set up once you find out a few simple settings for your broadband connection.
There's not a lot to say about a router really, thankfully it sits there doing it's thing and I can forget about it!

It may not be the fastest most modern router in the world but it's plenty for normal internet use in a small household, there is never any problem with speed or connecting and there is strong signal all over the house. Once every few months the internet might stop working but switching the router on and off fixes the problem and this isn't unusual.

The one thing worth mentioning that loses it a star is that it doesn't like a couple of major websites, Flickr.com being the main one which I noticed, and sometimes Google image search.
It turns out that when you go to a website which loads a lot of small images very quickly, the router sees this as a denial of service attack and blocks the IP address! This is probably an issue with firmware which, since it's an older model, is unlikely to be updated.
The only way around this is to disable the routers firewall security, which is less than ideal. Just make sure firewall is enabled on your PC or Mac.

See one answered question