on 27 May 2010
many of the reviews I read go on about "oh Steve left and they're not the same" well no i guess they're not, but that's not as bad as they make out.

The only other album I have is Stunt and whilst it's not as up beat any bouncy I think it is just as good, and those who think they've lost it since the new line up just don't like change.

The album works well and flows, obviously I have favourites but wouldn't say there's any weak songs on the disc.
on 6 December 2010
With a CD collection that has everything BNL has produced I waited before buying this one then finally bit the bullet. To be honest without Steven Page BNL have lost there "quirkiness" and have become another MOR band. They are good, this album is good it's just not special the band appear to have lost "it".
My preferred BNL style is Gordon, Pirate Ship, Stunt and Everything to Everyone, I never really thought BLAM x 2 was as good and to little old me this another BLAM style album.
Having bought this on the back of the tour, they are still a great live band, I took a punt on the Steven Page album First Page. If like me you prefer the unique style of the old 5 piece BNL I urge you to give First Page a try, its still not as good as the BNL we loved and lost but it is suprior to All In Good Time.
BNL - Must try harder.
on 27 February 2017
As before I like it
on 21 February 2013
First album I've bought of them, Personally I think its the best album I've bought in a very long time. Listen to it loud! I'm now working backwards through their repertoire. Check out their 'bathroom sessions' on youtube. You can find a new music even in your 50's!
on 14 November 2015
Spot on
on 9 April 2014
Love their music. Shame they don't seem to come to the uk very often - I would love to see these guys live!
on 22 April 2015
This is a marvellous collection of songs, some of which are soft and melodic, some lively, and several contain the quirky lyrics that BNL are famous for. Four Seconds starts off sounding as if you might be listening to an old record on a gramophone - very unusual and effective. The highlights for this listener are mainly the livelier songs: Every Subway Car, Jerome, and How Long. I Saw It, one of the softer songs, is another highlight.

Overall, there isn't a single song on this collection that I don't like and, with four highlights, I consider it worthy of five stars.
on 11 September 2010
As a long time fan of the band ( and owner of just about all their previous releases) I was aware that this was going to be a difficult purchase. As their first release following the departure of enigmatic front man Steven Page it marks a new era and to be honest one where, for me at least, there is something missing.

Maybe its a bit more mature or a little bit darker but this album misses some of the fun of most of the previous releases. Perhaps this is a reflection on what they have come through.

Dont get me wrong - it is still a good album but as a fan of previous work it doesnt quite meet the incredibly high bar they previously set.
on 3 June 2011
I heard this album a few times before I decided to buy it. The first time I heard it, I didnt really like it as much as their other earlier stuff. There seemed to be a huge gap where Steven Page had left and the music didnt hit the same emotional notes that I really like about them.
Because I was dissapointed I left it for a bit then had a re-listen. What I noticed was that although you can tell Steven has left, the band seems to have grown up. The actual music is better and at times it is more technical than their older stuff. A couple of songs also have a bit of a Foo Fighterishness about them, which I've gotta say does work well.
I bought the album after a few listens and it is a grower, there are a couple of songs which are REALLY GREAT, and a couple which are not so good, but thats pretty much what my experience of BNL has been... the songs I love, I Love and the couple Im not keen on I dont notice so much.
The main point is give it a couple of listens, get used to the lack of Steven and once you do its not that much of a loss, good first album without him, so I'll be waiting for their next one :)
on 9 July 2010
All in Good Time is the album us BNL fans have been waiting for. Sure you can bash on about the lack of Steve's voice, but forget that and remember all the other good stuff you already knew about BNL. It's all here! Infectious, tight songs with clever lyrics abound.

Ed has found a new gear in songwriting/performing, Kevin has a beautiful chilled out number in 'Watching the Northern Lights', and Jim has 2 seriously impressive songs and a smooth voice too. True to BNL you'll even find a curve ball or two. Watch out for 'Four Seconds', it will kick you in the pants when you aren't looking ;o)

I love this album. Forget those worries, sit back and enjoy!
All In Good Time