Top positive review
Lovely story but the ending felt incomplete. Last 9% (Kindle) swapped out for Trivia
on 16 July 2016
Oh how I enjoyed this love, heartwarming tale of love lost and found; a lesson about letting go of hurt and embracing forgiveness.
Such engaging characters to become attached to. And set in the kind of village I dream of moving to one day. It was one of those stories I could have gone on reading forever. Reading on Kindle, the book was longer than I expected but it was just more story to cosy down with and enjoy.
However ... my major qualm with the story is that there is a hint of a pretty big surprise for the main characters of Chloe and Raffy around the 90% mark of the book. And although I was fairly sure I could guess what it was, I couldn't wait to see it revealed. But, at 91% the book came to a very abrupt and jarring end. The rest of the story (9%), as far as I could tell, was recipes for chocolate that Chloe makes in the story and a history of chocolate. There was no further mention of the big surprise and I was left feeling a bit cheated and, dare I say, peeved.
I really dislike it when authors do this in books, why not put these additions on a website for those who are interested to go and look up if they so wish. Like I said the book was longer than expected, so at 87% I had run my self a hot bath and was looking forward to reading the last bit while enjoying a good soak. How disappointing. When you buy a book, either paper or electronic, you see how big it is from it's size or how quick the percentage marker moves, and to find almost the last 10% is given over to trivia instead of story is a real disappointment.
A truly lovely story, but loses a star for not giving me that last wonderful surprise for the characters and instead providing chocolate trivia.