on 26 January 2013
this is hammer at its finest a true classic in every sense of the word outstanding performance from peter cushing and barbara shelly it ranks in a no 1 movie the gorgon was scary when i was a child i can watch it now and still see why as hammer always produced so many fine movies a nice package this with a book of informative sleeve notes
on 24 February 2011
This was a well done horror movie with good actors who have been working together in England doing horror films The scenery is excellent with great matching sound
I have enjoyed this movie since I was a youngster Now I have finally purchased this movie for my English mystery and horror movie collection. Nothing like an early 60's
and early 70's horror movie Anyone who watches this movie will be entertained like I am.
on 9 June 2014
I recall my father letting me watch this on television as a child and it absolutely terrified me! The scene when you see the Gorgon for the first time proper and she just sort of slides along filled me with horror! Ever-reliable Peter Cushing gives an excellent performance.

Over the years, this is a Hammer film that seems to have slipped through the net somewhat, but it would seem from various Forums that it is starting to pick up quite a following - and rightly so. I won't address the plot here, but the quality of the print is excellent, with really sumptuous colours. The DVD comes with an excellent 24-page booklet and the whole package is an absolute bargain for the current low price it is being sold for.
on 31 January 2014
I am a Sci Fi/horror nut so the more 'B' rated the movie the better...if its not good with the plot, you can always have a laugh at the vintage 'special effects'!...this one is a classic
on 21 March 2016
Delivery with two weeks. Safely packaged. I remembered film from my childhood. I'd never seen it in colour. Really enjoyed this high quality, atmospheric production.
on 28 July 2013
I love this Film, great price, not too pricey, but what I love about this DVD was that you got a collectors Booklet with it, about the history of the film. bargain.
on 1 June 2015
Bought as a present and loved - but this is a very good film featuring both Christopher Lee and Peter Cushing - and Medusa! You couldn't ask for more, really...
on 25 June 2014
Good story line, and it's not until the very last minute that one realises who is to blame. A brilliant film with a sad ending without giving anything away.
on 1 August 2013
Always liked old hammer films. Would recommend this to anybody like me who had seen it originally when it came out or somebody who had never seen the films.
on 15 June 2013
Very suspenseful film and enjoyed the storyline a greatly.Music soundtrack was scary and acting was very good.I would recomend film to anyone