on 25 August 2011
Toshiba DVR20 Digital DVD Recorder and VCR with FreeviewA REALLY GREAT DVD/VCR RECORDER AND PLAYER-TRANSFER YOUR OLD VCR TAPES TO DVD/RW DISCS AND PLAY THEM BACK ON DVD PLAYER,PC OR IN CAR PLAYER---A FANTASTIC PRODUCT FOR THE PRICE.
on 22 November 2011
So far so good, I am happy with the results of this machine. There is a lot of reading to do at first, some things more difficult to follow than others. but I am taking the tasks one at a time and that way it works for me.
on 26 September 2013
It was reasonably easy to set up, and worked OK at first, but then on the second day it started going wrong. It kept shutting down automatically, so we couldn't use it at all. Had to return it.
I then bought another one of the same make and model from my local store (which didn't have the free dvds) and we've been using it for a week or so now without any problems. I guess you just have to be careful . . .
on 26 May 2012
Unit has been working fine but after 2 months of occasional use the video part of the unit will only play on high speed. We tried to contact the company, who didn't respond until our third email, but they only referred us to the Toshiba helpline. We are not happy with their customer service.
on 23 June 2015
All I wanted was something to record the children's films from the Virgin Box onto DVD for the grandchildren to watch while we watched TV.
Superb quality product very easy to set up and use, with freeview installed we now have lots more channels to watch, Bonus.
on 28 September 2013
Performs well, but it expects you to be reasonably competent in IT. However, once set up, it does what it claims with one exception - it takes some 6 selection before it will do the dubbing required.
on 31 March 2013
At the moment all I have done with this recorder is copy my VHS to DVD but I couldn't have done it without my son helping me and writing down the instructions but I now find it a piece of cake - it takes us older ones longer to learn therefore you need to do a copy every day for a week - it will also fix to your TV it you have a Humax machine so now I can record more than 2 programmes
on 8 January 2013
A very good unit but i cannot seem to record one channel and watch a second channel at the same time, but
the recording is very good, very pleased with the unit overhaul.
on 14 January 2013
money wasted on this product.bought it especially to transfer videos to disc but not successful after many attempts.instructions are confusing and not clear
on 23 April 2014
Very good machine but will not play S V H S tapes this was not stated when I purchased the machine.