Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Fire Tablet Shop Kindle Blind Boys of Alabama Shop now Fitbit

Customer reviews

Format: DVD|Change

on 1 June 2017
great film if you love jackie chan
on 19 July 2017
A good old Jackie Chan film get it if you like old Jackie Chan films be for he stoped using dubing
on 11 July 2017
fun
entertaining
After regaining some of the ground he lost in Hollywood with his Hong Kong films The Myth and New Police Story, Jackie Chan takes a big step backwards with the overlong Rob-B-Hood, a downmarket three bad men and a baby romp that offers limp gay jokes, comic relief mental illness, family bonding and child endangerment for all the family. There is one fairly good action sequence at the halfway point as well as a neat stunt that sees him jumping down a building via the air conditioning units, but you definitely get the feeling that Chan's no longer pushing himself but is just doing what he knows he can still do while Yuen Biao is mostly wasted in a nothing bit part. He's made worse, but that's hardly a recommendation.

Both the UK PAL DVD and Dragon Dynasty's 2-disc Region 1 NTSC release are the two hour theatrical version (the Region 3 Asian 2-disc set also included an extended festival cut of the film). The extras are decent - directors commentary subtitled in English, interviews with both Chans - though not as comprehensive as on the Asian 2-disc set (which subtitled all the extras in English). That said, the film is such heavy going you quite possibly won't want to spend any longer on it once you've seen it.
on 19 October 2012
I didn't know what to think when I first began watching this effort from the excellent Jackie Chan. As the first reel began to roll I thought, "Oh Dear". But as the film progressed, I became more and more drawn into the plot and the characters and, I have to admit this folks, it was the first time that a Mr Chan has made me weep. I was affected by the character of Ivy, Octopuses estranged wife and I wept buckets at the crucial scene regarding the toddlers survival.

In the end, a class act from all concerned. Good action sequences, a good supporting cast, a convoluted but clever plot and to top it all, a bit of pathos.

Excellent stuff, plus it was good to see Yuen Biao too!!
on 19 July 2017
Don't like having to read subtitles
on 14 July 2014
This film is a law suit waiting to happen. In a few years when he is old enough I hope the child in the film sues the company for what they did to him in this film. There was not moment I found in this film funny. Even at his age Jackie Chan show great agility and stunt work, more than once almost killing himself. He plays a career burglar, who spends all his ill-gotten money at the gambling table losing and racking up debts. His partner spends his share on living the good life, and his many girlfriends. Their Boss saves every penny, but he is robbed.

Now all of them have hit rock bottom and are offered a high paying job. The trouble is it not the usual burglary they are used to it is a kidnapping of a baby. Not the 2 idiots must learn to look after the child. More often than not putting the child in great physical jeopardy. I really did not understand the sense humour they were going for. Maybe it is me becoming a dad I really could not what they put this child through making this film. This made the film hard to watch for me, which is bad because especially as I am a huge Jackie Chan fan. His stunt work is top notch however showing more "comedy" then martial arts. This film goes the way of most of his recent films, of jokes that are not funny. Watching the outtakes seeing him crack his head repeatedly and in one case knock himself out cold, at his age, is more scary then funny. Full respect to the man as after he is knocked out the director says he needs to see a doctor, but he says he want to do the scene again. CRAZY!!!
on 13 October 2010
I've recently purchased this DVD on the strength of these relatively very good reviews. All I can say is they clearly didn't see the same film I saw. Robin B Hood is a dire Jackie Chan movie and among one of his worst films, possibly worse than his Hollywood output over the last 10 years. I'm trying to think of something positive to say about the movie but for the life of me I cannot think of anything good about it.

The action was extremely weak and I can't think of a single exciting moment during the film. Even by Hollywood standards we've seen it all before and done better. Jackie's attempts at comedy fall down flat which is strange because he's usually so good at physical comedy. Perhaps as his ageing body grows old, not only can he not perform amazing stunt and fight sequences, his ability to demonstrate his physical comedy diminishes.

This DVD features lots of extra material spread over two discs but I suspect like me you won't care once you've seen the film aghast that this is supposed to be a Hong Kong Jackie Chan film. Even the brief appearance of Yuen Biao turns out to be an anti-climax as the two once-great martial-arts legends don't do anything of note during the movie.

So disappointed with this movie I offered the DVD to a Jackie Chan fan I know. Even when I don't like one of his films she usually enjoys it. However, in this case I think it's the only Jackie Chan film she said she never wants to see again. To me that said it all. buy one of 80's or 90's films and see Jackie when he was great. avoid this.

3/10
on 19 August 2010
Had a bit of a problem with the audio selection at the beginning, and I found the film not up to the usual standard of slaptick action as it tended to drag a bit at times, but I bought it for my 7-yr-old boy who thinks it is absolutely wonderful and was giggling happily throughout. And he does not see an older Jackie Chan just a very funny action star. So this why I rate it 4 Star Entertainment