Customer reviews

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£4.99

on 29 October 2014
A great read for girls 9 and over, this book deals with the relationship of children and parents - one comes from a poor family; the other from a celebrity family. Both heroines have to make their way into the world and deal with issues pertinent to their age as they form a solid connection and use each other for strength and inspiration.

The book was a bit slow to start with but things pick up when Destiny and her mum camp outside Danny's home.

I enjoyed reading this book despite its abrupt ending. Soon as my daughter catches up, we'll have lots to talk about!

You can't go wrong with Jacqueline Wilson. She understands the human psyche so well that at times you feel you are reading about yourself!
11 Comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 December 2013
This is my fourth tim reading this book! Yes, it is really interesting! JW has done a good job writing this book. My favourite character would be Destiny as she is a brilliant singer.she lives with her mum and they get along fine until she gets the chance of a lifetime being a television star! I definitely recommend to people who love JW!
on 20 September 2017
This book was really good but I didn't like the end as much because it didn't tell you about what happened when Destiny and Sunset went on television because they could have done anything absolutely a_n_y_t_h_i_n_g !#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#!#! I'm pretty sure Suzy would have EXPLODED when she saw Destiny and her mum#Kate. I would REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY ! Like to find out what happens#!
on 2 June 2015
This book was ultra awesome and I loved it soo soo much would totally recommend this book to age 10+
on 1 October 2015
This book is great! I highly recommend it to 11 year old girls like me as Destiny is 11 too! Must try! It can be a little confusing to read at first but you get the hang of it soon enough#
on 24 September 2014
This is definitely one of my favourite books I've read by Jacqueline! I read it within a day since I found it hard to put it down. The ending felt a bit abrupt, but perhaps it was meant to. I don't know, maybe I was just so into the book that I didn't realize it was coming to an end :) Either way, it was very well written. Jacqueline is an expert at getting you sucked into the story. Definitely give it a try!
on 8 September 2017
10 year old daughter loved it
on 15 March 2016
10 yr old daughter loved it.. Fab price to
on 11 April 2017
I LOVED this book!!!
Great book recommended for age 9-12
A good holiday book
My favourite character was Sunset because she is caring and kind
on 16 March 2013
I love all of Jacqueline Wilsons books they instantly hook you and you become emersed into the story. This one is brilliant. Its written about 2 very different girls (Destiny and Sunset) with 2 very different lives! There actully sisters but I just gave away the ending opps sorry!