Customer reviews

on 13 December 2014
Excellent
on 14 November 2016
the are a bit slippery in the kitchen but these are the best shoes I have ever wear inot the kitchen
on 10 June 2015
Very happy with the product and service
on 1 March 2015
this pair of boston is my sister s, and she thinks it s nice
on 31 October 2014
everyone should have a pair
on 4 July 2013
Based on reviews I ordered a size down (I'm a mens 40 but ordered a unisex 39) but the size was just that bit too small. I returned it and ordered my size - unisex 40. I can only presume its the mens sizes and not unisex sizes that may be a size too big. Thus you may need to differentiate between unisex and mens/womens sizes. But this is only my opinion.

The shoes are great. It was to replace a similar clogs from another designer brand. What makes this shoe shine is the inner sole - it absorbs the sweat really well. The inner and outer sole rolls really well and bouncy for my arches. The breaking in period was only a weekend of wearing about the house and local shops.

Really practical and actually quite stylish in its own quirky/funky way. In fact thats whats so stylish about it. I could see me getting another in brown...

I highly recommend these clogs.
on 11 May 2013
Great clogs. I am a professional chef and after a week of working long hours every day my feet are not tired and most importantly not smelly :)
These are expensive but very comfy, they don't slip from your feet, and got quite good grip to the floor (I only slipped on oil witch my kitchen porter spread accidently on the floor :)
I recommend these clogs to all chefs who look for quality, comfort and most importantly nice smell even after busy double shifts :)
on 28 June 2011
I've used these Boston's for a couple of years now as work (hospital) shoes. They're very comfortable and the outer leather is of excellent quality. However the soles, both the rubber and cork component, wear out quickly (in my case 8-10 months of daily use). According to their website, the Birk's soles can be repaired or replaced by contacting the retailer, sending them and obviously paying for the service. But I can't be bothered so I prefer to buy a new pair each year. Not a big problem for me but something worth bearing in mind.
22 Comments| 16 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 October 2010
Purchased these as an addition to my already existing Birkenstock 'fleet' as leather is likely to be more practical for winter than the nubuck\suede which I currenlty own.

Arrived quickly and as I already own some they fit great.

The only slight issue for me is I expected 'cork' midsole and the 'buffed' leather insole as is shown in the pictures, but what I got was a dk brown leather covered midsole and a 'shiney' leather dk brown insole. Not really a problem for me and I am quite happy, but the shiney leather insole takes a bit of getting "used too".

Whilst I understand Birkenstock may have changed their product it would be good for Amazon to change their pictures of the item\s.
on 28 June 2010
I was given these as a present. I wear them as slippers only but it doesn't matter if I go to the shops in them as they are quite shoe-like. They are very comfortable, but I would call them functional as they drag on the floor. This can be annoying when walking on gravel as the stones get in the shoes. But indoors they are fantastic.

See one answered question