VINE VOICEon 18 September 2010
I was looking for a high quality headset for my PC that I could use for Skype, Dragon NaturallySpeaking, and listening to music. I don't particularly like traditional headphones with the band over the top of the head. I usually either buy hook earphones or headphones like these with a behind-the-head design. The headset had to have a USB connection since my analogue audio connections are already in use, plus it's very easy to move USB devices between different PCs which is a bonus.

This is a slightly unusual set of requirements, since most people are primarily concerned with Internet chatting and don't particularly care how good music sounds through the headset. I really didn't want to have to keep my old headphones connected, but I was only willing to move over to the new headset if music still sounded decent, and I'm pretty fussy about sound quality.

This headset is literally plug and play on Windows 7 64bit - no drivers are required and both the microphone and headphones integrate nicely with the Windows 7 volume control/mixer. I am also pleased to report that this headset works perfectly with Skype 4.2 and Dragon NaturallySpeaking 10.10. The fit is also pretty good - I expanded the adjustable slide at the back slightly, and they sit quite nicely. I don't think I'd want to wear them for extended periods, but for me that's not an issue. The microphone boom is bendy and can be easily adjusted to suit, and is very easily twisted back out of the way when not in use.

The build quality seems good, as I've grown to expect from Logitech. Even the sound quality is pretty impressive for headphones of this price range which are really designed for chatting. Clarity is excellent, particularly for Skype, with crystal clear sound at both ends. My only criticism is perhaps a lack of bass response, but they are perfectly adequate for listening to music. If you're a true audiophile, you may be better off spending more for better sound quality, but realistically I think you'll be spending a lot more for only a marginal improvement. You may be better off just sticking with separate standard headphones for music.

I dictated this review with my headset and Dragon NaturallySpeaking very quickly and easily, and I recommend you do the same!
on 13 March 2014
The sound quality is good but they break far too easily. There are other models by the same maker which are far more robust.
on 29 November 2011
I have had this headset just 4 months and although its an excellent headset regarding sound and voice quality the flimsy head band that goes behind your head has snapped on me and rendered them useless ... not very sturdy for just 4 months use :(
33 Comments| 11 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 22 August 2011
These phones are light, comfortable, simple to install (driverless plug & play experience on Windows 7 64-bit) and offer great Skype call quality.

Inline volume and mic-mute control is very handy, with enough cable for most usage situations I could image.

Since this item effectively contains a USB sound-card - you can configure it quite separately from your main sound card - which can be very useful with Skype.

These offer a noticeable improvement in sound quality over my previous Logitech and Turtle-Beach headsets, which both lacked the USB connectivity, instead making use of a twin 3.5mm jacks for mic and ear-cans.

Very pleased with this purchase.
on 18 April 2013
The headband is made of a very brittle plastic, and snapped after a few months of normal use. I was happy with the quality of the audio, however I strongly suggest you find a more robust make or model.
on 26 April 2013
There's nothing wrong with the quality of the headphones, but I had the same issue as another two buyers who have reviewed this product, in that the headband snapped after just only 3 months of use. I haven't dropped them or misused them, so it must be an issue with the quality of design or materials. Just be aware of this when buying this product.
on 31 December 2010
Excellent audio and microphone quality. Works first time and perfectly with Dragon Naturally Speaking. Very good value for money as well.
on 15 January 2013
The sound quality is very good and very easy to put on. Good value.

One drawback is my hair kept getting caught by the width extension bit and it can be a bit of a nuisance.
on 10 March 2014
Audio quality is good for the price point. It's also relatively comfortable.

However the poor material in the headband where it incorporates the slider led to two seperate breaks which ultimately has led to the headset being kept together with tape and splints.

I'm careful with my stuff. I used this headset for occasional Skype calls and did not abuse the headset when putting it on and off my head.

Very disappointing as I have a number of Logitech products and had previously associated them with good performance and durable construction.
on 5 May 2014
Although logitech are great, and I really like their other products (I have another headset and mouse that have lasted 4+ years), this one suffers from SERIOUS weaknesses on the headband part (that sits on your neck) and around the earphones (where it sits over your ears). The whole design is very flexible and this is it's downfall - the joints are very hard plastic with weak connections. This means they are prone to snap with the flexing that comes with regular use.

I would not recommend relying on these long term. They're simply not solid enough to last.