on 4 May 2017
replaced the faulty unit I already had - as I had a couple of cartridges in stock decided to buy the same one
Decent quality print with a fast print out
on 29 September 2014
This excellent little printer arrived earlier than the quoted date. It was easy to unpack and the software installed itself when the USB cable was connected. This is my 4th HP LaserJet and the 2nd mono. It is certainly the fastest LaserJet I've owned and have nicknamed it The Whippet. There is no manual feed tray and I was at first concerned that single envelopes printed from within Word might be a problem. I need not have worried. Take the paper out, put the envelope in and whoosh! It's done. I've owned two photo printers which print immaculate documents but steadfastly refused to print an envelope. Finally, my OS is Windows 8.1
on 6 October 2015
Two things you need to know:
(1) you have to buy a separate USB cable if you want a direct connection - printer does not come with one. Buy the latest USB and don't try using one of your old ones - Windows 10 won't like it, and you'll spend wasted time trying to figure out what the problem is.
(2) as soon as you've opened the box, put the instruction CD in your computer and WATCH IT FIRST - it's very clear and saves you having to work out what the manual is trying to tell you.

Very sweet, fast and efficient printer.
on 25 July 2017
Really nice quality product, arrived in really good time and works well.
on 17 March 2016
Very easy to set up. Download the drivers from HP website and connect the printer to the computer (usb connector was not included, have to buy separately)
on 21 December 2015
An ideal machine for black and white work. The cartridge which came with the machine does not appear to have a very long life and I have already had to order a replacement cartridge
on 28 December 2015
Very easy to set up no problems even for me i usually gets my son to set things like this up only one problem no USB lead if we had not had one all ready we would have had to order one . that's the only down side
on 22 June 2015
If you want a basic printer no-fuss printer to print whatever you throw at it, this is a great one. It's not phased by envelopes or thicker paper or different. Easy to use. It seems to be as good as the HP1005 series printer which it replaced and was a great workhorse for 10 years - and not expensive to run. It doesn't do colour or double-sided, but I don't need that - I have another printer in my office for all that clever stuff.
on 10 June 2011
JUST GOT THIS AND SO FAR ITS WORKING great very fast printing and super clear as well,easy to install. I have printed several hundred pages of star maps and they are very detailed (at 1200dpi)and very clear and much better than my inkjet which gave up the ghost after 200 or 300 hundred pages of said maps, probably the head is worn out.the speed of this printer is brilliant about 10 or 20 times the inkjet. so great if you don't mind B&w which is probably 90% of what i need.I am very happy with this purchase and would highly recommend it. well done amazon for the super quick and free delivery on this one, i ordered this on the 6th June and received it yesterday the 9th.
on 5 December 2016
This printer is a work horse, its done 3k pages so far and has never given me a problem.