OXO Tot Sprout Highchair (Green/Walnut)
Colour: Green/Walnut|Change

on 21 July 2017
I've had this highchair for 15 months and overall I am pretty disappointed with it.

To start with the good points, I think it looks good. It's been a decent size for my daughter, she's not big but has never been too small for it even when little. The tray is large and doesn't stain which is great (even tomato etc comes off after a few days).

The bad though is that it's incredibly tricky to clean. Let's face it, food goes everywhere when feeding a small child and I now would put ease of cleaning at the top of my list of priorities for a highchair. The seat pads are annoying, they both accumulate food underneath them. When you remove them, the velcro bits (who thought that was a good idea) are impossible to clean. Its also tricky to clean the surface of the bottom pad without taking it out as there are crevices on each side that make it tricky to get the cloth in. The back pad is ok to clean the front of, but again food gets behind it and when I try and remove it the Velcro pads come unstuck rather than the Velcro detaching. Finally the straps get filthy and are again tricky to clean. I've taken them out and washed them, but they still smell vile after 15 months of use.

Other things that are irritating is that it's difficult to strap my daughter in as the middle clip is always underneath her. I used to be able to hook it up into the table, but that only works if it's pushed all the way in. She's now too big to do that so I spend ages fishing around for it.

I currently wish I hadn't bought it and it's a pretty expensive mistake.
review image
5 people found this helpful
on 4 March 2018
A very good looking and sturdy chair. My baby is very small for a 6 month old so I worried I would need an insert but the harness and design really work well to keep her upright unlike some others I have tried that had her sliding through or dangling over the side. I also think this chair will last a great many years longer than some others. Loosing one star on this review due to risk of trapping fingers in the tray. The tray is quite difficult to push into place (may loosen up with time, been a couple of months with no sign yet ). The last push to get it into place is quite a tough and big push that takes 2 hands, in the time it takes both hands to click it fully into place it gives baby plenty of time to move little fingers into harms way. My little one has a habit of either playing with the chair arms or with the belt clip in her lap- both places will lead to fingers being trapped. She has had a couple of nasty finger injuries from it and I hope this warning stops anybody else from getting hurt. Either team work with somebody else or try to do one handed- I hold both her hands in one of mine, hold the chair still with my foot on the bottom step and then push the tray in
on 14 August 2015
After reading many highchair reviews I chose the OXO sprout because of the quality build and the length of time it could be used. I have not been disappointed.

The highchair is extremely well built and extremely sturdy. It looks brilliant although the wood on mine looks slightly darker than in the picture shown. It's more of a light oak than a pale birch but I am happy with that. After 5 months regular use at nan's house it still looks like new all over. (I always wipe up spills on the tray reasonably quickly). I appreciate that the tray can be removed with one hand and baby can't kick it off like he does with another brand of chair.

However, I would agree that the design of the seat pad is flawed. It is great that it is super comfy and can be changed if it becomes faulty, worn or you simply want to match a new colour scheme but to facilitate this concept the seat pad is fastened in part by velcro pads. This leaves gaps under the seat pad where 'potentially' food can collect and if that food is not cleared this would have obvious hygiene consequences. I can honestly say that this hasn't created a problem for me so far (as I said the chair is still like new) BUT baby has not yet reached the self spoon feeding stage . Time will tell if the seat pad will cope.

Overall I love this highchair and I believe it not only looks better but will also last (and fit baby) far longer than one of the cheaper more plastic type ones.
on 3 April 2018
Great high chair with lots of easy adjustments. Our baby is 7 months old and has no issue using the chair at all as it fits so well.

My biggest gripe with this high chair is the fact that the table is made of a textured plastic, which means no suction toys or bowls will stick to the surface. Very annoying and definately a design flaw. If OXO sort this out, it will be a 5 star product.
on 3 January 2018
After much research I finally settled on the OXO tot sprout and I do not regret this decision, The product arrived swiftly and well packaged. Upon opening it up it was clear the quality of the chair, It's a lovely piece of furniture which looks nice at our dining table.. It was easy to assemble, which i managed during my baby's nap time, without any trouble.
Having used it now for a few days it's sturdy and my 6month old sits well in it. He seems comfortable and supported. The chair is really easy to clean with no areas for food to get stuck. A simple wipe over and a spray of disinfectant and it comes up really clean.
on 8 January 2018
Love love this high chair. Super easy to keep clean. Velcro gets a bit grubby but not a big deal as you can’t see it. One negative is any sucky bowels don’t stick to the table surface
on 16 August 2017
Yes it's expensive, but it is awesome and way better than any other highchair I have seen. My parents and inlaws also purchased high chairs and I have to admit, this is in a league of its own. Functionality, design, feel, etc. All perfect.
on 27 March 2018
Really nice quality. We are super happy with this and our baby uses it everyday.
on 30 July 2017
Tray is not smooth so suction cup toys don't work on it and it discolours with food easier than I would expect because the surface is pitted. Tray also holds water and manufacturer responded to me query by saying they see no need to change their design. Poor.
on 18 September 2017
Simply the best high chair you can buy. Very easy to use and clean.