on 15 November 2016
Arrived with a rather musty smell - not sure where it had been stored prior to despatch! However once that wore off, it's travelled the world with me and I really like it. Only one small snag - it doesn't stand up on it's own very well, even when you've deliberately put your heavy items in the wheeled end... A minor gripe though as it works well in all other configurations.
on 20 September 2012
I've used this bag for one trip so far but early indications are good. It's huge which is great, as I tend to pack everything I could ever need (I had had space for a decent amount of chocolate on the return trip!)
One large compartment, plus a little one on the end, and a pocket too.
I had been confused by the description though. The shoulder straps are to turn the bag into a sort of backpack - but I wouldn't want to do that with any weight in it as it'll be uncomfortable. I had assumed the shoulder strap was the sort which went from one end of the bag to the other, and then you carried it over your shoulder - it is not.
Looking forward to using it for my ski trip.
on 12 February 2014
Arrived quickly.
It looked a little small when I unpacked it, but when it came to packing it I was amazed how much stuff went in it. I'm one of these people who has to fill their bag and get their money's worth on EJ, so when I filled this and it came to almost spot on 20KG I was delighted. Hopefully this will prevent me from exceeding my limit in future. In short not a massive bag but perfectly adequate for the 20 KG most of them allow.
on 12 January 2013
This was a gift for a boating son who needed a general 'soft' bag that could flatten down when not in use, could carry all his kit on his travels on trains, planes, boats and busses. It had to be sturdy and easy to handle in various situations. He especially likes the securing straps across the top (to guard the zip, which is usally the first thing to go on these sort of bags) and the carry handles which can also be used like a rucksack. This is a very versatile bag, plenty of grab handles and of course, the very useful wheels and a sturdy base. It appears smaller than we expected a 100l bag to be but it swallows everything up.
The price was much more economical than a specialist boating bag and has all the same attributes. I haven't given the bag 5 stars as it is only one month old, but has already been on 4 trains and the London underground and my son is very pleased with it so far.
on 4 March 2015
Update
Have now made several airline trips with the bag and it has stood up to the battering of baggage handlers both in the UK and Egypt.
So far I cannot fault this bag, it is spacious and durable.
The wheels work well, even when completely stuffed to the brim.
The bag is large so do remember that.
Been a great buy so far, seems sturdy after 2 trips.
on 19 June 2014
I have been using this bag while travelling to and from work in West Africa, it is great, I can get loads in it and it is easy to use.
It pulls well on the wheels and the carry straps are long enough that I can get them over my shoulders to carry in necessary.

There is something to be aware of though. The zip has two sliders and I used a padlock to lock them together to prevent anyone opening the zip. However someone forced the zip from the closed end, removed items, then pulled the sliders back to close the zip, without looking very closely at the zip it looked like it had never been tampered with.

Better to secure both sliders at one end so they cannot be used to reclose a forced zip.
on 16 November 2013
Both myself and my girlfriend purchased one of these bags, for our year study abroad. This bag and one rucksack fit everything we needed to live, for the year.

Other than the incredible amount of storage space this has, it is also very reliable. We both had these bags filled to the brim, and they survived over 20 plane journeys, many multiple bumpy rides up and down stairs, and hauling them on and off trains. I was worried that the handle would snap if it was used to pull up stairs, but both the handle and the wheels work just as well today as they did when we first got it.

The bag is also slightly waterproof. We were caught in a storm, and luckily our clothes remained dry.

I would highly recommend this bag to anyone that needs to take either 25-30kg+, it is however, very tall, so if you don't need a huge amount of luggage, I would recommend something smaller.
on 23 September 2013
You can get a vast amount into this. Dragged it right round the world, several continents, many planes, cars, buses, people's floors. I'm not a very careful person. It's been rained on, dropped, squashed and dragged over hardcore. It is a really good piece of kit and tough as nails. It has zip sides where you can keep documents readily available and a separate zipped compartment at one end big enough for walking boots. It IS big. Do you really need that much stuff with you?
on 2 October 2016
Brought this for a long haul flight to Melbourne with a connection in the Far East. It certainly held up to baggage hauling and the quality is superb at such a good price.
on 3 August 2014
I purchased the Berghaus Mule 100 about a two months ago, as I needed something strong, reliable, with plenty of storage for travelling around Europe for a month (Inter-Railing) And I can tell you now, I've been to 15 cities in 22 days, and this bag weathered the storm! It's literally been through hell, and back! It's been used and abused throughout 22 days of travelling and survived thankfully. I'm planning on travelling again in 2015 and I don't see why I shouldn't take this bag along for the ride. I'm extremely happy with this purchase.

See one answered question