Style Name: SkyMaster 25 x 70 Porro Prism|Change

on 5 September 2013
I purchased these to use for star gazing.They are without doubt the best value for money available.They are sharp and bright due to BAK 4 prisms.The come with carry case and a tripod mount which is not so good I got hold of a more suitable one,they are best suited for use with a tripod if you intend to spend any lengthy time sky watching.I can highly recommend these binoculars,they are superb value and quality..
on 29 January 2011
These are possibly the best value for money bins on the market.
The field is wider than stated, they are light but solidly constructed and the optics are fine.
The only downside is the plastic mount adapter, this is completely useless and brings the overall quality of the product down, it would have been better to have not included it at all. But as the bins are so cheap and a new metal mount is just a few quid it's not a real problem.
So these would make a great first instrument for a newbie astronomer, although a decent tripod and mount adapter are a must.
For the experienced with existing optics, these are not the best bins available, but pound for pound (that's money not weight) they are exceptional value.
on 10 May 2011
Worked well for about 18 months and then one day went out of collimation (produced double images) in a big way for no apparent reason. It's a mystery why - I didnt drop them or bang them about. Even adjusting the (hidden) prism adjust screws didn't bring them back to collimation. I have modded mine to make a 15x70 monocular - basically I cut it in half! Now it's just half the weight.
on 10 April 2014
Very please with these Binoculars. I was concerned that they might be heavy, but I find that they are no way as heavy as the reviews
lead me to believe. I do agree that they do need some support, but that's down to the 25x magnification and not the weight . I normally find something to lean against, just as I do when I take photos with a camera. But I have adapted a cheap monopod and a cheap tripod so its a monopod with three legs when needed. Best of both worlds.
on 12 July 2015
Lovely product, robust and well designed. Excellent optics, but a little on the heavy side for me hence I'll be using these with a tripod (plus my hands shake far too much anyway!) All in all a good quality product. Comes with a tripod adapter, cleaning cloth and a carrying bag/case. The only issue I really have is that the rear lens cover is very flimsy and doesn't stay in place too well. These binoculars can also be used with glasses which is an added bonus for me!
on 28 January 2013
I recieved these for christmas after becoming interested in astronomy. They are a well bulit, sturdy set of binoculars and i am very impressed with the results. The first night using them i managed to see Jupiter and it's four biggest moons! Ok Jupiter was about the size of a pea held at arms length, and the moons looked like four tiny pin pricks of light, but it is amazing to actually SEE Jupiter and the moons with your own eyes. The Binoculars are a bit too heavy to hold stil for any great length of time, so i recommend buying a tripod - I got one on boxing day from Jessops (sadly no longer trading) and the tripod adapter fits it well. I highly recommend them to anyone who wants to get started in astronomy, but cant afford to spend out on a telescope just yet.
on 17 January 2016
1st set developed what seems to be a common fault now I've read more reviews. The scroll wheel that is used to focus started to spin freely, broken inside somewhere. This was after only minimal use. When they worked they were brilliant so I sent them back for a replacement. The new pair were so badly misaligned that they were of no use at all, another common fault. Sent back for a refund.
on 10 January 2016
These were bought as a replacement for a very old pair of binoculars which were mainly used for birdwatching. I think that I didn't realise just how strong or heavy these binoculars would be but that is my fault. They are certainly great for skywatching but, in my opinion, are much too heavy and unwieldy for birdwatching unless used with a tripod. The image is crisp and clear and the magnification is fantastic.
on 10 February 2016
I bought these primarily for looking at the planets etc. They are VERY heavy and impossible to keep still, even on a tripod. To make things worse, I had 'double vision' when trying to use them so had to return them sadly.
on 12 January 2014
No I didn't spell it wrongly. I am an occasional sky watcher not an avid star gazer. I carry a pair of binoculars in the car to stop and be nosy from time to time an do a few minutes of bird watching if something catches my eye. I asked for a decent (but not expensive) pair of bins for Xmas but was not trusting my wife enough to let her loose on Amazon. I am on the downhill side of life (along with my eyes), I have imbalanced sight and astigmatism in one eye. I researched many Celestron products and some users were critical of bad collimation. These 25x70s were pretty well reviewed and at a very reasonable price for such a high mag product. I noted that some people thought them heavy and were only usable on a tripod and others were critical of the plastic tripod mount. I already had a decent video tripod but made sure I asked for a steel bracket as part of the present.

They turned out to be a great Xmas gift and I have used them several times in the last month. Easy to focus and to balance out my eye problems. Heavyish, yes but manageable for a few minutes. Looked at planes flying overhead.....the narrow field of view makes it difficult to pick things up quickly. I scanned across the con trails and then followed the trails to the airliner. Amazingly close and crystal clear (great if you are a plane spotter, which I'm not) but you need to to be hand holding to follow moving objects like this.

Left them outside on a tripod for an hour on a cold clear night recently (so that they didn't condense up on coming from my warm house) and then looked at a few stars. As I mentioned earlier I am no astronomer so I was amazed to see a cluster of small stars around a pinkish bright star in the eastern sky. A quick Google search told me I was looking at Jupiter with its moons, surprisingly clear. Our local moon was almost too bright, it completely filled the field of view and was crystal clear. A real wow moment!

Great product, fulfills all my requirements for casual close-up viewing. The carrying case is a bit flimsy but fine for the car. Not a set of binoculars to go walking with but would be great if you owned a submarine or battle cruiser.