Customer reviews

1,402
Size: 6 Cup|Colour: Mirror|Change

on 19 March 2017
Gorgeous design, fits right into any kitchen. Easy to clean, just make sure you wipe it dry to avoid water spots. The plunger is sturdy and works well. All my coffee has come from this in recent days and I won't be turning back to anytime soon (I'm going from a Nescafe Dolce Gusto machine). Of course, the quality of coffee beans you buy is strong relevant to the coffee you'll get. Regardless, the press itself is great quality and I can see it lasting for a large amount of time.
on 3 March 2017
Very pleased a solid built item and keeps my coffee hot which is great as I drink a litre each morning to myself over an hour or so , The lid has a deep rim with a arch in one area to enable pouring but this also means the snug fit lid can be rotated to help keep the heat in .

The plunger is a snug fit as well so no escaping coffee grinds when pushing plunger down which happens with some cheaper brands
on 9 September 2017
 Similar to other uses, I was getting sick of breaking glass cafetieres. Although this one is more expensive than your standard cafetiere, you should think of it as an investment - having purchased this, I cannot see myself ever needing to buy another one for many years. It's basically indestructible.

Despite being metal, the outside of the cafetiere doesn't get hot even with hot liquid inside, which I found really helpful.

Only downside is that unless you have time to shine the cafetiere every single time you use / wash it, you will end up with lots of grubby spots on the shiny steel (as you will notice in the video).
on 29 March 2017
We have had this for a few months now after years of using standard glass jugs that cracked and broke on a regular basis. It is really great to use, keeps the coffee hot while it's brewing and the handle and outer wall do not heat up. The lid gets a little hot but the knob of the plunger doesn't so you can hold the lid on while you pour the last of the coffee. We bought it on sale which made it very good value. Would definitely recommend it and wish we'd bought it years ago.
on 16 May 2015
Elegant and good to look at
You get two medium sized coffee mugs of piping hot coffee. - not six cups

very reasonably priced considering all its good features

It has an adjustable lid so that the spout hole can be closed completely to keep the coffee hot (unlike some others) and opened up again for pouring simply by twisting the lid slightly around
The underneath of the lid does not have a removable part where liquid and dried coffee can seep under (like many of the glass one)
so cleaning is much simpler and more thorough with this lid.
The filter fits very snugly against the wall of the pot as you plunge downward so less of the sediment gets through into the cup.
keeps the coffee hotter for much longer (unlike some others).

Cons - I have not found any.
on 21 August 2017
The pot itself is very nice. It does keep coffee hotter than my regular glass Bodum does.

Where the quality drops is in the plunger itself; the screw part that's connected to the filter doesn't tighten anymore, it just slips loose when you try and tighten it. Bad threads or design, I'm not sure. It's kind of useless now because the filter just becomes loose and falls off when you try and plunge it. Disappointing, it's back to my reliable Bodum.
on 20 June 2017
Please note that this is a correction to the one star review I published earlier this morning, when I thought the cafetière had not yet arrived. I sent it as a housewarming present to my son, who has only just phoned me to say it came last night, but he could not ring then. So no hesitation in awarding the five stars. We have had one for years. A very satisfying combination of form and function. Solid, good to handle, keeps your coffee warm for ages: winner.
on 15 August 2017
This is an excellent quality cafetiere. We've had ours several years now and it's just as when we bought it - Great sturdy build, stainless steel has showed zero signs of corrosion and it's virtually indestructible unlike its glass counterparts. The double wall design means it does a great job of keeping the coffee warm for a lot longer than a traditional single wall glass cafetiere. It does rattle as there must be a bit of loose material stuck between the two walls, but that's a very minor point. The lid is also double walled and has a bevel on one side, so with it rotated one direction it helps to keep the coffee warm by sealing off the neck of the spout, and with it rotated the other direction the bevel lines up with the spout for easy pouring. It pours well (provided the lid is correctly rotated).
on 6 December 2016
Bought this because kept cracking glass ones - its very smart and looks posh, easy to clean. Keeps coffee warmer longer
on 18 May 2017
I love this cafetierre, well made in stainless steel and so easy to clean. I use this to make one large mug of coffee and the capacity is just perfect, but you could easily make 2 large cups from this. I also have an Aerobie coffee press but that has now been confined to the cupboard since getting this great little cafetierre.