on 28 December 2014
Nice and easyto use. we are new to block printing and have found these easy to use in our dasses. The only problem be'y they are black and l couldn't see the pencil l was using l managed by using a Chalk from my sewing kit and will look for something in the art shop when I can get there.
on 16 May 2012
Light durable easy to use lino for a beginner, great for practising techniques and doing simple and effective designs for prints or card making.
on 11 December 2015
The delivery was perfect, the price is good but the product I received is not the one advertised: this isn't linoleum, it's vynil or a kind of plastic.
And the color is not the one in the picture, it's almost black and it's impossible use the carbon paper on it and see anything, I can't work on it as I thought.
I didn't like this surprise, sorry
on 2 May 2014
This is just what my daughter needed for her A level project, however, it does have a very strong smell so the remains of the pack are now kept in the garden shed! It is good quality and a nice size to work with. It came quickly, well-wrapped and was a good price. Recommended.
on 3 August 2014
This is so much easier to carve than actual lino. It dose split or flake and offers less resistance and you can even use it double sided if you are careful not to carve too deeply. The strong smell goes after a couple of days lefts exposed to the air.
on 14 June 2013
Lino as I am aware has a backing of material, this does not it is UPVC it is soft ; so soft it is unusable for sharp images and is unworkable with acrylics, Save your money if you are thinking of this product in my oppinion it is unfit for LINO CUTTING your images will be very poor at least. I am very disappointed and unable to use these blocks for printing or indeed cutting sharp outline.
I am using the blocks now as cup/mug mats.
on 28 January 2013
I am a beginner and found this product easy to use. I'd buy again and am keen to find out if larger sizes are available.
on 27 April 2014
Item received has a very strong odour which makes it unpleasant to work with, also the material isn't very good to work with in terms of texture, it appears to be one extreme or another i.e. either can't see cuts or cuts too deep ruining the piece of work being created.
on 23 April 2016
ITS BLACK! VERY BLACK! In photo it looks grey and I wish I had read older reviews that say the advertiser wants postage to send them back if you complain. I'll have to find some other use for it. There was no 'FREE Be Creative Mini Art Reference Card' as advertised. Very thin too. How do I draw on this? As an Art teacher I have seen many children sold unsuitable products and struggle to use them and this is one of them. Grey is ok but black is too difficult to use.
on 22 December 2015
I specifically bought these "grey" linos to transfer prints to.
They arrived black and are therefore useless for purpose.
They are also incredibly thin and the quality looks rubbish.
I was told I could return them but would have to pay postage. After paying postage and packaging it's just not worth the effort.
Poor product, poor service, falsely advertised.