Price:£41.99+ £1.99 shipping

For a little more money than a sugarific choccie advent calendar you can have this wonderful Lego calendar with a new mini-build every day through the advent period.

And, of course, you still have the Lego after Christmas, rather than a chocolate addiction.

The 24 different builds are fun and varied, with a Christmas and gifting theme. A total of 6 miniature figures are included, two of them Santas, one of which is naked! There is also Santas shower, which explains why he is naked.

Other mini models include a Christmas tree, train set, snowman, helicopter, fire engine and much more.

Much fun will be had with the daily models and after you have done your first Lego advent your children will want to do it every year after.

Highly recommended.
44 comments| 75 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 19 November 2010
Not sure of what to get a 6 year old for his birthday and so close to Christmas - I saw this advertised and thought what a brilliant idea - when he is fed up with all his other presents he still has this one to unwrap everyday until Christmas!

Arrived gift wrapped the day after the order and wow - little 6 year old was over the moon. A great present and something to enjoy everyday and also something to add to over the next few years - birthdays and Christmas all sorted!!!
on 13 November 2010
I am sure my 7 year old grandson, who is a Lego fanatic, will be delighted with this. I think my daughter may find it fiddly to put it all away again for next year. At that price I will not be buying him another one next year.
on 30 December 2010
I feel quite mixed about this product.
On the plus side my 7 year old loved it, and it was easier to get him out of bed to open it. It is definately preferable to a chocolate advent calendar.

On the more negative side, although some of the pieces are good some are disappointing, for example a plastic dog with a bowl and sausage. A couple of the minifigures are smaller than usual and their legs don't bend. It is also quite expensive for what it is.

On the whole some of the figures don't seem to go together and I couldn't work out the theme. There were some instruments, then there were diggers etc, however my son didn't seem to notice this, so maybe that's just me?

One thing that would have made it better would be to put the picture/instruction on a separate piece of paper then you don't need to stand by the calendar to follow the instuctions.
on 24 December 2010
I bought this advent calendar for my son - he loved it. Each day has a separate model with a guide to build the model in the flap. There is a fold down card base for putting the models on, if wanted, and together they make a Christmas scene - parents at the table, children playing with various toys and musical instruments,a dog and a cat, a fire to sit in front of, snowman - including a carrot nose - for the garden and of course a Christmas tree. My favourite - and sure it was put in to amuse parents - was Santa taking a shower!

As with all lego it is quite pricey, but will last for eons and can be integrated with other lego models, or brickes just used for free crafting.

I would certainly buy one again. Much more fun than chocolate!
on 18 October 2011
i got this last year for my chirsmas lost a couple of pieces because it is very small but still great fun! comes with a scatebord a little dog and 4 figers well i will let you find out the reast if you get it. i would recomend this to any one how loves lego as much as i do! great fun to play at the end.
on 6 December 2010
not cheap as advent calendars go but it's one of the best I've seen and my son actually plays with it after he's built the pieces. Far better than getting a sweet or chocolate every day. My son is 10 and loves all things lego. Most of all he likes to construct his own designs and he likes that you can mix and match each days build. They are proper lego bricks but also have pieces that you wouldn't generally find like skateboards and drum kits. We're only on day 6 but it's a huge hit in this household and I'd thoroughly recommend it for both boys and girls - it's certainly the type of thing I would have loved as a kid
on 1 January 2011
This is simply a must-have for every lego-obsessed child (or adult!) Rather healthier than a lump of chocolate, and rather more exciting than your average picture of a robin on a snowy branch, this calendar does it all. Anticipation every morning to see what is in the next window, the chance to build a little set every day, marvel at its cuteness, put it all together at the end to make a fantastic scene, and this is all before Christmas Day! Yes, it's a little on the pricey side for a calendar, but it's a wonderful item that I will be buying for my son for many years to come.
on 27 December 2011
This has been the best advent calendar I have ever bought. My children ( 11, 10 and 7 ) absolutely loved it. Lots of figures and vehicles and some silly fun things as well. Brilliant. Will buy one again next year!
on 17 December 2010
It may seem a lot to pay for an advent calendar but there is a small toy in each window which your child can build each day.It's a great incentive to get them out of bed on a cold winter's morning! My son was ill for a couple of days but still managed to open that day's window before going back to bed! All the toys can be built up into a Christmas scene which compliments any other Lego your child already has.I can already see we will be getting one every year from now on.