on 18 March 2016
I'm a enthusiast with Casio G Shocks; design, rugged' and reliable. This model is all of those things.

However, there is another BIG plus for me with this one. I wear varifocal glasses and eyesight with years getting a bit weaker.

Reading the watch face, yellow against a black background makes it very easy to tell the time because of the colour scheme. So anyone like me with the age/eyesight issue will be delighted with this watch and helped by it :-).

Now, I'm just waiting for a white G shock next week to add to and complete the collection.
2 people found this helpful
on 18 November 2014
So, bought this watch for its wonderful colour and interesting functions. Arrived promptly and it is indeed a great colour! Not too bright, but certainly dramatic. Not too heavy for a big watch, and seems to do a lot of things.

HOWEVER - I returned it quickly. Not because of the colour, or quality (Casio are usually good), but because the digital readout is practically invisible! Very hard to read the white on black figures, and worse than useless if you take a quick glance for the date and/or world time etc. The ad picture exaggerates the readout clarity - in real life takes a decent period to squint down and discern the digits.

A shame - I like the overall design but I just didn't find it useable, apart from for telling the time :)
One person found this helpful
on 25 May 2016
Note the watch is very large, on the Casio site it is listed as an 'oversize' watch, I knew it would be big but I didn't realize how big, so I advise that you consider the sizes provided to make sure it's right for you. Mine is in white and it's very vibrant (from some angles it can just look like a big lump of plastic and a tad toy-ish though), but it looks good. The build quality really is very high, the mineral glass cover feels durable and makes it feel like a premium watch for the money. Having so many notches in the wrist band also allows you to get the right fit. The buttons are not particularly easy to press and the point that they actually register with the display is only after the buttons have depressed all the way, however this does prevent them from being accidentally pressed if you knock the watch so I wouldn't want them easier to press. The user interface is not particularly easy to navigate (when it comes to settings etc), but you do get used to it. The speedometer at the top used for calculating speeds once you've inputted a distance is, in my opinion, a complete gimmick and I would have preferred a separate LCD panel perhaps showing the date permanently. The LED light works very well, as does the 'auto light' feature, but note that the feature does deactivate itself automatically 6 hours after activating because it drains the battery, so you would need to keep turning it on every 6 hours if you wanted it on permanently (not advised). The LCD panel CAN seem washed out in harsh lighting, but all of them do, and the black digits on light background is better than the white digits on black background in the other colours.

AN IMPORTANT NOTE: The hands at particular times of day cover the LCD panels, and despite the hands having holes through them, it can make reading the panels very difficult. At times like 7:20 (when both the hour and minute hand cover the panel used for the stop watch), it makes using the stop watch near impossible, which is sort of a massive flaw... But might not bother some (I've never actually found myself in a situation where I've not been able to use it, but in concept it bothers me). The manual says the battery will last 2 years with 1.5 seconds of LED and 10 seconds of alarm every day. I use probably 6 seconds of LED light and 30 seconds of alarm a day (snoozing the alarm twice in the morning), so it may last less than this.

Overall I am happy with the watch, if you're looking for a classic style icon that's exceptionally durable and will look just as good dirty and scratched up as the day you took it out of the box (although it won't scratch easily), go for it.
on 12 September 2013
A Watch that stands out in a crowd.Beautiful design,Very clear face,a lot going on,but still does not appear to be "cluttered".A good colour combination,(blue/white) Feels comfy on the wrist.This watch is large,but not "ugly" large,if you know what I mean.As an avid watch collector of many years,i have noticed the lack of material,ie.Plastic,resin,rubber etc used in the strap,over the years it has become "flimsier" not as sturdy as earlier models.This watch is no exception.The strap is "thin" it could have done with being thicker,i suspect it will cause concern in time.To sum up then,a nice looking G- SHOCK, a good price, looks well on the wrist, Build quality,as I said,not as good as earlier G-SHOCKS.By all means try it for yourself, Stan The Man.
on 16 November 2012
This is my third G-Shock watch, and my 4th Casio watch ever. Casio don't disappoint. In case you're wondering, their watches are well made and built to last. One of my earlier Casio watches' batteries died, and their UK after sales service is excellent and the price to replace the battery was reasonable. That battery died in 2008 and the battery is still going after it was replaced.

In regards to this watch, the back light is an actual mini-bulb light like in older watch models, but this type of light is more suitable, because most of the watch dial isn't digital (if this watch had an el light, you may not be able to see the hands in darkness). This watch comes in many different colours and varieties. The size is nice also. If you can spare the funds, treat yourself!
on 21 March 2016
terrific value for a robust, accurate and stylish watch....I have many G Shock watches, this one is an excellent entry-level model and especially nice in white.....avoid the ones with a negative lcd as they can be quite hard to see.....beware though, I bought one and have 6 different models now....the gulfmaster is perhaps my favourite followed by the 9400 rangeman
on 15 January 2016
Bought this watch back on 15 September 2013 and I still use it to this day. This watch has been my casual watch for when I'm playing sport (non-competitive), bike riding and when I know my watch might get a bit of a knock or bump. Despite this, it still retains it's colour and hasn't got a scratch at all.

Exactly what you'd expect from G-Shock and I've never had an issue with it. Matches well with almost any outfit you can imagine.
on 7 September 2017
I already have this watch in another colour, both of which look great with a tan. Not really suitable for getting bashed about but then you wouldn't buy this colour for that purpose. Only gave it a 4 star as they run on a quartz battery which will need changing eventually along with a new seal to keep it waterproof. My original g shock work watch is solar powered and re sets the time everyday to stay accurate. They really should have this feature with all the tough range.
on 4 August 2013
I was looking for a watch that I could wear under water this watch stood out for me, its the best watch I have ever purchased would recommend highly.
9 people found this helpful
on 26 September 2015
Great white watch superb looks amazing if you like chunky watches and the back light works great even though it's hard to read digital but you got big hands to look at had loads of great compliments and at that price top watch and the double pin locking is so secure
One person found this helpful