on 5 April 2017
Great watch. Keeps very good time and looks good!
on 20 January 2013
I thought long and hard about buying this watch, I already have several very nice watches and really could not justify spending more money on yet another watch. Well I did eventually order it from Amazon. It keeps excellent time but that is a given in this day and age. The build quality of the watch body and strap is excellent , I find myself rubbing my figures across edges and surfaces of objects just feel how well they are finished and this watch passes the test with flying colours. the watch looks and feels every bit as good has you would hope.
on 2 October 2015
Bought it to upgrade from my cheap Casio watch and this watch is great, looks and feels very expensive and high quality, it is very heavy, but I don't mind, have had it for few days and so far so good, keeps time accurate, when compared it to my older watch. When arrived, the bracelet was too big, needed adjusting, high street watchmakers asked between 5 and 10 quid for 5 mins job, so bought link removal tool off eBay for 2 quid and did it myself.

If you're looking for nice, good quality, reasonably priced watch, look no more.
review image
on 30 January 2014
He is quite pleased. It has a lovely weight to it, the neutral finish goes with a lot of different looks. Well worth it, and so far it is keeping excellent time.
on 31 March 2015
Scoured amazon and came across this particular watch, the Casio Edifice 547D. It had many appealing factors, some of which included its build quality being a Casio, if price affordability, previous reviews and its appealing cosmetics (even for a £70 watch).

Added the watch to my basket with Standard Delivery (3-5 working days). The watch was delivered astonishingly two days after and came in perfect original packaging. The original packaging included the original box, the user guide, the warranty card/booklet, a registration card, a watch tag and a plump pillow for the watch itself.. not a fake.

Originally I thought the watch was quite heavy but I was mistaken after I put the watch on my wrist. Personally, I prefer wearing slightly heavier watches on my wrist as it gives me a sense of security when I know its still on my wrist.. beware pickpocketers. The watch feels very premium and comfortable on the wrist. Setting up the watch was pretty straight forward, pull the toggle out once to set the day and pull the toggle out once more to set the time. The smaller toggles are there to set the stopwatch, don't mistake the big red stopwatch hand for the seconds hand haha.. I was fooled at first.

In terms of build quality, the watch feels very solid. I have a few scuff marks on the watch strap/belt (only on the chromish areas of the belt/strap displayed in the picture), but thats expected. In terms of its appeal, many people have asked me about the price of this watch and were left shocked when 1) I told them it was made by Casio and 2) It was off Amazon at £70
on 13 August 2014
This is a fab watch. My husband bought it for me because I love larger watches and Casio are always excellent quality. I got the bracelet reduced to fit my smaller wrist so fits well now. The face it big and clear and it feels sturdy and takes a lot of abuse well (I'm distressingly accident prone and at times frankly careless) with no scratches as yet 8 months in. The materials are good quality and it feels robust. It also keeps excellent time and goes with pretty much most things. A great purchase and even looks good, if a trifle large, on women!
on 8 January 2014
Knowing the quality of Casio I was not disappointed. It looks and feels like ten times its price.
Great watch - I can recommend it
on 3 November 2013
I bought this particular watch because of its looks. I liked the colour of the face and the layout of the dials. Having now received and worn the watch, my only reservation is that the hands are a little difficult to see in daylight and at night it has to particularly dark in order to see the illumination of the hands. It appears to be a far more accurate timepiece than the manufacturer claims ( +/- 20 seconds a month) so from that point of view I am very happy. Overall it is a nice watch to wear, looks more expensive than the price paid, so from those points of view can be recommended.
on 14 October 2015
I was after an every day watch that looked the part- and this looked like it fitted the bill. And it does- looks really smart on the wrist.
Although it looks like quite a heavy watch, it's not it's really quite light. Seems to keep good time but only had it a week. Highly recommended and Amazon, as always, exceptional.
on 10 September 2014
Not the best made watch on the earth, and definitely not up to Swiss standard. But hey, how much did you pay? Less than 1/10 of a Swiss watch’s price! For a Swiss watch’s money you could get 10 of these, and you can change a shiny new one, new model, without scratch, EVERY YEAR!
Yes I understand it looks good to have a Swiss brand logo printed on your watch and its shows your status, but how long does it last its shine? 10 years? I seriously doubt. I would rather wear nothing than wearing an old, worn Swiss watch that has full of scratches and winkles.
So the conclusion is, if you are super rich, you probably will not come across to my review anyway. If you are reading my review, then yes go ahead, you hardly find anything better value and better design than this.
Make sure to buy a cheap watch bracelet link removal tool on amazon for couple of pounds, its cheaper to ask the local shop to do it for you, and you can keep the tool for the next 9 watches in the next 9 years :-)
Only thing I would like to mention is the visibility of the watch hands on the white coloured dial isn’t very good, you need couple of more seconds to realise their position. This watch has another version that has black dial, which offers better contrast and easier to read, but it’s up to personal preference. The poor night illumination of the hands does not help either.