on 21 January 2016
Arrived on time. Great product. Protective - I use on a mountain bike and it staves off the rain and knocks. Phone operates through window ad the bar mount is sturdy. Full marks
on 12 November 2010
Despite a few bad reviews, I bought this product as I really liked the idea of the enclosed case. I installed it on my bike this week and after 50 metres (on a tarmac track) my iPhone came flying out. The design flaw is the clasp, which is just a flimsy plastic catch. So now I have an iPhone with a smashed screen. :-(

Amazon should remove this product.
on 31 May 2010
I bought this case as I wanted a way of securely mounting my iPhone on the bike. I've looked at a lot of different holders but as I do a lot of off road mountain biking I needed something that was going to bolt onto the bike tightly and hold the iPhone securely. You can also never guarantee the weather so I needed something to protect the device against rain and mud.

The Tigra case was fitted in minutes and the mechanism that holds the mount to the handlebars is very effective. The case itself then slides into place and locks. Although on the video for this case it looks like the clip to seal the unit is a bit flimsy I can ensure you its not. It's actually a very good firm click when it locks the lid shut. The screen operates perfectly well and you are able to navigate the iPhone through the plastic cover with ease. There is a rubber cap that can be taken off in order to get to your headphone port and room in the base to allow charging whilst keeping the iPhone in the holder. (Not sure why you would need it but its there).

My only complaint is not related to this product as such but more the applications I am using with it. (Although a slight change to the product would help). I am using apps like TRAILS for the iPhone. This is a great application that allows you to not only track your progress and plot your route on the map, but import maps down to the phone to be followed. The problem is a lot of these apps use the light sensor to detect whether you have put the phone in your pocket, at which point they shut down the screen to save battery. The issue is the light sensor on the iPhone is now concealed behind the plastic cover of the Tigra holder. This means you can't follow the map on screen once the phone is secured in the holder. (The screen blanks thinking you've put the phone away). As I said this is not Tigra's fault but maybe if they're reading this they can do a slight modification to their design to uncover the light sensor which would help a lot.
on 8 June 2010
Very disappointed.
First time out, everything was fitted as instructed and it failed.

Interesting thing is, it was the swivel mechanism that just snapped, not even a part the user is responsible for fitting.

Absolute garbage, though the actual iPhone holder once it stopped bouncing did protect my iPhone from damage.
on 30 June 2010
I bought this holder over a month ago and it's done 75 miles since. It works reasonably well, sometimes the plastic screen has to be pressed a bit harder to click the on-screen buttons, quite difficult to do when your bike is going downhill over pot holes!. I have since upgraded my iPhone 3g to the new iPhone 4 and it fits - well just!! The only thing is that the iPhone 4 is slightly taller that the 3g so the rubber button for the sleep is a bit more sensitive but I was pleased/relieved the new iPhone fitted. However I wonder if Tigra will release a new rubber insert for the iPhone 4 - would be really good if they did as the insert is moulded for the 3g/3gs
I think this holder is a bit expensive for what it is but so far no problems.
on 8 September 2010
Bought this to use the TomTom app on my iPhone, on a motorbike/scooter. Sits very sturdy even on the motorway travelling up to 70mph. The ability to rotate is handy giving the option of portrait or landscape view. Have used during light rain so far, yet to test during heavy showers.
on 9 May 2011
Great idea, there are lots of apps on the iPhone for cycling and mountain biking, so there is an obvious space in the market for a device to mount the iPhone to your bicycle. The case itself is well-designed, having a rubber insert to cushion the iPhone, and the material for the clear screen works okay. The problem for me was in the design of the bracket that mounted the carrier to the handlebars, the nylon threaded strap that secured the mounting bracket to the handlebars simply wasn't strong enough against the threads of the Alan bolt you tightened, so even when I tightened it as much as possible, the nylon threads gave away and the mounting bracket was loose on the handlebars. It came supplied with a rubber mounting strap that this did not solve the problem. In my opinion this product requires a little more R&D.
on 15 July 2011
I was a bit dubious about purchasing this item following some of the reviews. Examples of it falling off leaking water etc did not fill me with confidence but I have to say that so far I have nothing but praise. I have only used this for mountain biking and on some pretty serious very rough tracks and in heavy rain and it has not moved once or leaked!!
It would have five stars if it were not for the really poor handlebar fixing strap which will not tighten enough. So I modified it slightly with a strip of thin rubber fitting around the existing plastic piece, this seems to really help grip the bar enough to make it pretty secure even during some spectacular crashes.
on 6 September 2010
I bought this item in order to use my iPhone4 as a bike computer.

The handlebar mount is sturdy and I have had no instances of the clasp flying open such as mentioned in other reviews.

However, today I was caught in really heavy rain while out on my bike. At the end of the ride I discovered that sufficient water had got inside the case to render my phone a brick - it won't even switch on now and I am faced with a hefty repair bill.

This holder is fine to protect your phone from the odd, brief shower but not anything more sustained than that. Very disappointed.
on 28 September 2010
Bought this so I could go off on little adventures using the memory map app on my iphone. I love it! Really easy to install. It's window for viewing the iphone is perfect and doesn't cut off any of the screen. After reading previous reviews I've stuck an elastic band around it just to be sure my iphone doesn't fly out of the mount.
I can easily operate my iphone through the cover, and so far I've used it on road trips as well as some off road trails. I do get nervous when on very bumpy terrain but so far the console has stayed well and truly put.
It started raining yesterday whilst I was out on my bike(not really heavy but enough rain to notice) and my iphone stayed nice and dry.
It's so great being able to see my iphone straight in front of me rather than having to stop and take it out of my bag every 10 mins. I use it with some wireless earphones so I can even take calls whilst cycling! I'd definitely recommend to anyone looking for a bike mount.