Customer reviews

Elvis (Fool)
Format: MP3 Download|Change

TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 May 2015
I bought this on vinyl back in the 70s and have just updated my collection with it on mp3. I've never liked "Kathleen" much - I really bought it for Fool, Padre and Don't Think Twice, It's Alright. Love Me, Love the Life I Lead is also not a favourite as it doesn't seem to know where to end and the chorus just goes on repeating.

So, not his best, not for anyone new to Elvis - but still some good tracks on it.
on 7 November 2017
wonderful
on 26 October 2014
my brother purchased this and thinks the sound quality is out of this world
he would recommend it highly to anyone
well worth the cost.
on 25 June 2015
One of the mid 70 albums so a bit hit and miss. Bought to complete my collection
on 14 November 2014
This was a present for a friend who's a HUGE Elvis fan, he loved it!
on 1 May 2015
Happy with cd thank you very much seller
on 25 January 2015
loved the cd
on 5 December 2014
brought this my husband for his birthday, he loved it
VINE VOICEon 12 September 2007
Known as the Fool album because RCA simply entitled the release, Elvis, like several other albums. And so in order to identify this album this is known as the fool album after the first track. And in all fairness it's a damn fine slice of late period Elvis. Course it would be nice if BMG extended the release with tracks from the same period, way down, serpate ways to name but two which would make it an essential release. But as it stands it's still a must have for the devoted fan and those just getting into the king's music.
Oh and the tracks that's what you get for loving me and the Dylan cover, Don't think twice are superb.
6 people found this helpful
on 22 April 2014
I really liked this on vinyl.
There's a real mix
Fool is great.
Its Impossible & Padre I don't like as songs .
Elvis feels like he's trying, which he didn't always.
But there's sum gems like the slow ones - "Its still here" & "I will be True"
- Elvis without vocal backup & minimal instruments but wonderful piano.

Altho' used it was v.good condition & delivery was fast.

I must have 25 Elvis CDs & more on vinyl, which I hwill have to convert.