Size: 6.5 UK|Colour: Black (Black)|Change

on 25 April 2017
This is my fourth pair of Merrell Moabs cos I love the way they look as well as their (past) physical comfort, but something has changed. I think the shape of the sole of this item has been altered since it first appeared on the market quite a few years ago because at the toe end of the inner sole, they now seems to tilt rather sharply upwards. This causes considerable discomfort after an hour or two of wearing them - less if I'm active - I have now had them for several months and they don't seem to have improved much in that time. I had a similar problem with my third pair but at the time I assumed it must just be down to a manufacturing anomaly ... It now doesn't look that way!
on 22 January 2014
This is the third pair of Moab Mid boots I have purchased. Amazingly comfortable for my wide feet, the first pair were used regularly in the hills and for dog walking. After 2 years, the Goretex 'gave up' and they're only fit for days when the ground is dry. Bought a replacement pair which only lasted 6 months before the same thing happened - returned to Amazon who immediately reimbursed me for them with no fuss. Bought a replacement pair which again are being used regularly & am hoping to get a couple of years (at least) out of them.

UPDATE: Had the boots for less than four months and they're a delight to wear. Unfortunately the upper has come away from the sole at the outer toe on the left foot creating a 2" split - means that water gets in when walking through long grass, for example. Amazon agreed to a replacement with no fuss so hopefully the next pair will be better - replacement arrived within 48 hours of me raising the complaint - very impressive service
on 23 March 2017
My third pair of these Merrell Moab boots, which says it all. On the plus side they are very comfortable without being too heavy and on the minus, they wear out faster than I would like .Walking an average 4 country miles a day I get 9 to 12 months out of them. The Goretex lining in particular does not keep them waterproof for very long and I use a pair of heavier leather boots for very wet conditions. They are light for warmer weather while giving good grip and support.
on 2 June 2014
Firstly always go a slightly bigger size with merrels, secondly dont expect to have dry feet with these as the let water in like a sieve.
I am a fan of merrels after wearing a pair of walking shoes around the world for 6 months every day.
These boots however are rubbish. Even tried reproofing them with no avail. As I bough them in september 13 unable to get a replacement through amazon. but I would say they are not fit for purpose and having written to Merrell to complain too.
on 21 December 2016
These are very comfortable boots but they didn't last very long before starting to let in water. I bought them for summer use on easy terrain but, after around 40 walks of five miles or so and with hardly any signs of wear on the soles, the upper part of the toe section started to separate from the sole on each boot with consequent water ingress.
on 19 October 2015
I got this to replace a replica duplicate pair that I've had for 3 years and worn virtually every day. A 9.5 is a tiny bit tight although i am normally a 10 I do not wear thick socks but if you do would say at least a full size would be necessary if not a 1.5 larger. Other than that a very good mid walking boot and not a bad price
on 27 January 2017
Well pleased with these, very comfortable right from the start, even more so with gel insoles. survived some long walks on the isle of Wight although I picked up a touch of plantar facetious (pardon spelling) but cant blame shoe for that. one slight drawback is that after about 10 months the front of the shoe came away ever so slightly which doesn't effect the wear in dry weather but it is obviously underneath the Gore-Tex layer as they started to leak slightly. Would definitely buy them again though.
on 8 August 2015
These boots aren't necessarily made for serious walking, but as a good general purpose "mid" approach boot they're fine. If they last as long as the 6 years my previous pair did then I'll be happy. AND JUST AFTER A YEAR OF LIGHT USE, A LACE LOOP HAS BROKEN! CLEARLY, THERE HAS BEEN A SIGNIFICANT REDUCTION IN QUALITY! FAR FROM IMPRESSED.
on 6 March 2016
spot on! I'm generally a size 10 but lots of people I know that have the moabs said that a size 9.5 would be perfect! they were right in the past with lowa's and my salomon and they were right again with these.

boots themselves are as you'd expect and arrived well packaged and ahead of prediction so a very happy bunny all around.
been wearing back and forth to work to work them in a little before doing anything serious in them and no pinches, rubs or sores.
on 26 June 2015
These boots are excellent with the exception that this is the second set of Merrell boots/shoes where I have had to exchange them because the liners at the inside around the heel area have come adrift at the seams. I am now hoping that with my latest replacement pair Merrell have fixed the problem as it spoils what is a good comfortable wide fit boot which are hard to find these days.