on 24 December 2013
I'm on my third pair of Merrell boots and they get hammered on a daily basis as I use them for walking the dog , working in the garden ,clean them off then off to the pub / shopping etc
I've never had a problem with them soaking them though when washing the car and my feet are dry
I would highly recommend these boots to anyone that will Liston !!!!!!
Hi this just a update as u can see my merrell boots get hammered I hope this helps
I think I need a new pair !!!!
review imagereview imagereview image
on 2 October 2014
I bought these for dry summer use only and after barely being used since new both feet were wet after crossing a single slightly damp field of reasonably short grass. I wasn't expecting much waterproofing, but that is totally useless for a Gore-tex product.
The sizes are very small too, so I was never comfortable in them. I'm now using my Scarpa Deltas all year round which is a delight after these.
on 2 May 2012
I bought these (despite the reviews) on a whim as the price was very attractive. As others have said the quality of these is distinctly sub standard and gave the impression they would struggle to last 6 months. I retruned them and bought some Merrell Enuma trainers which are infinitely better qualty. Not sure what Merrell are playing at but these will turn many people from buying from them again.
on 12 August 2014
The fit was amazing i walked up snowdon straight out the box with no blisters,unfortunately on the same walk i found out these boots are not waterproof .After 7 months they have started to fall apart .Not impressed
on 1 September 2014
Fit is good and coped well with four consecutive days in the Lakes walking biggish-ridges. However, next time out one of the fabric loops that secure the lace simply unstitched inside. Utterly un-mendable - the boot now has to be much more loosely laced, missing out one set of loops.
on 7 September 2015
These boots are rubbish they leak on wet grass expect wet feet in damp weather
on 28 October 2011
Unfortunately I can't write a proper review because these boots are just far too small, so here is some friendly advice for other buyers. I bought these in a UK 13, however, when they arrived they were smaller than my size 12 trainers. It would have been impossible to wear them with walking socks let alone normal socks. So if you want a pair, be sure to opt for AT LEAST a size larger than your normal foot size. I'm very disappointed because they don't do any larger sizes and seem to be a fantastic quality boot. I sent mine back and credit to Amazon for their no-fuss money back returns policy :-)
on 8 August 2014
I posted the following as a review on Merrell's own web site, it has not appeared a week later, but there are other similar reviews. I also followed it with a direct submission to Merrell CS, no response from them either.
I've tried repairing mine with some Bison Liquid Rubber, it has done me well in the past and I'm hoping to get some more life out of them, at least until I get time to decide what to do. I really liked the boots so can't decide whether to fork out for a new pair knowing they are more "disposable" than I thought.
-------------

I've been very happy with these boots, comfortable and light, on the few weekend walks I manage to get on nowadays.

But today I'm, well, just gobsmacked, started to brush them prior to taking them away next weekend and find that the outer part of the front of the uppers has completely split away from the sole on one side of one boot and all three similar edges are showing signs of similar collapse.
I'm annoyed because although they are not much more than two years old (can't find receipt) they just don't get used more than say 25 to 35 days a year, so that's around 400-600 miles, the soles and rest of the uppers show next to no sign of wear.

So Merrell, does that constitute "fit for purpose" given the price I wonder? Not that any favorable reply is likely to get me a new pair of boots before my holiday.

The Merrell walking sandals I bought at the end of the summer last year to replace my previous Merrells (which really did last well despite endless soakings and rough use on sharp rocks, far more years and miles than the walking boots managed) and which will get their first real outing next weekend had better not fall apart too.
on 19 August 2012
Well I bought these over a year ago - more like a year and a half and I'm still using them!
When I first bought them they were a little big so I put a gel insert underneath the actual insole which really helped fitting wise but also to help last on my feet ALL day. I literally have to be on my feet for 10 hours straight before I start feel the tiredness which is great and my job involves me being on my feet all day.
The fact that they are Goretex also really help - as long as you look after your shoes and clean them properly with the correct cleaners as otherwise the membrane will get destroyed. I know I haven't cleaned mine since I bought them but it takes a real dunking in some water before it starts to seep through!
Before these one I had the Merrell Moab which weren't the mid version - but because of the comfort I decided to buy these and I will certainly be buying again!
on 30 March 2014
I've had a pair of these for the last 3 years ( the sandy coloured ones, not the black ) and they are my general non work footwear so have seen a lot of wear in that time.

I can't fault them, they are hard wearing, very comfortable and although I mostly only wear them for general use I've also done some hiking and camping in them that they've coped with no problem.

I can't speak for the waterproofing as I don't often wear them in wet conditions but thinking back I can't remember ever having wet feet.

Now I need a new pair of general purpose shoes and most likely I will end up buying another pair of these.

See one answered question