Learn more Shop now Learn more Shop now Shop now Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now Learn more Shop Fire Shop Kindle Arcade Fire Learn more Fitbit

Customer reviews

Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£7.09

on 4 May 2010
I have been a Boyzone fan for many years and didn't think there music would ever be as good as when they were younger. I think this CD is their best yet.
on 28 March 2010
I have been a fan of Boyzone since they formed all those years ago. Too say i am delighted with this Album would be an understatement. It is easy to listen to, the words are so poignant to a very much missed band mate, The group do miss Stephen amazing vocals but saying that still gel extremely well, I find the opening record very emotional, especially when Stephen sings 'will learn to live before i die' i am extremely excited about seeing the group next feb, can't wait for the next album. also unlike some singers/groups you hear the words clear and can't help letting the words affect you in parts
Boyzone should be very proud of themselves that they could not pay a more fitting tribute to Stephen and long may they reign,
on 8 March 2010
When I first heard Boyzone were going to record a new studio album I was hugely excited as I loved them when I was a teenager. Then, with the tragic death of Stephen I felt the music would die with him. The thought of an album without his distinct voice just wouldn't be the same and I didn't think I would even be able to bring myself to listen to it.
My biggest fear for this album was that it would be like a 'Ronan' album. Don't get me wrong, Ronan has a great voice but he alone is not the sound of Boyzone. While this album has 'Gave it all away' featuring Stephen, the other songs are obviously largely dominated by Ronan, but they also feature Mikey on several, and even Shane. They have managed to somehow keep the Boyzone sound and for that reason, this album has completely won me over. The vast majority of the tracks are upbeat with a new sound. And while most regard 'Gave it all away' as the Stephen tribute, 'One more song' is the most obvious reference to the guys grief. It is hugely emotional and yet also has an upbeat sound and is the sort of song you feel Stephen would have loved.
As I got to the end of the album and convinced myself that the lack of Stephen's voice was not as disappointing as I had feared, I heard 'Stronger' and realised just how amazing he was and that Boyzone will indeed never be the same again.
on 8 March 2010
what a great album, just got it,got them all.Love the song (Give it all away) i was sad when i saw the video for the first time on tv. Been a fan since the start in 1994. what a great way to show their love and lose of their mate a brother steo i was sad when i heard. R.I.P stethen gately you'll be missed.
on 7 March 2010
I heard all the songs and I have to say that it's an amazing album. Steo would have been really proud of this album. All the guys should be really proud. The songs are more mature and deep. I think this might be one of the best album they did. The song "One more song" is so beautiful. You can't listen to it without crying. Mikey vocals are great. Even though you can't listen to the album without missing Stephen this album is really good. I recommend it to everyone. I think that even people who didn't like Boyzone would like this album.
on 9 April 2010
Boyzone's new album "Brother" is simply sensational, there is no other word to describe how good it is. This album was recorded during a period when Ronan, Keith, Mikey & Shane were still mourning the loss of their dear friend, bandmate & "brother" Stephen and the emotion they were feeling at the time inspired some of the best vocal performances I have ever heard from the four boyz. The difference with Brother over previous boyzone albums, despite the obvious omission of Stephen's voice, is that each member of the group has a turn at lead vocals on the album. Ronan is still the primary lead vocalist but it is refreshing to hear Keith's vocal on "Love is a Hurricane", Mikey on "Ruby" and "Til the Sun goes down" and Shane on "Right here waiting".

Boyzone have grown up & so has their music. This album has a mature pop sound which will relate to all age levels. I have been a boyzone fan for 17 years & can honestly say Brother is Boyzone's best album to date. I absolutely love it, haven't stopped playing it since I got my copy - a totally awesome album.
on 8 March 2010
I am liking their new sound and would recommend it if you want a good chill out album. I also like the way that the other guys get to sing on the album too, as it provides a good contrast of vocals. Their best album to date is tinged with sadness, however it is a fitting tribute to Stephen who I'm sure would have been so excited and proud of their new album release. I am so glad Boyzone decided to carry on and release this album, and it definitely deserves to go to No 1.
on 9 March 2010
Over the years I have started to really enjoy Boyzone's music especially the song "Love You Anyway" from their last cd, I thought that song was fantastic.

This new cd is very strong with some really good vocals.

I never knew Stephen Gately was called Steo but the boys tributes to him make very moving reading, it seems Steo had a great sense of humour and they miss the laughs they shared with him. I'm sure Steo would be very proud of this album and rightly so!
on 4 April 2010
There isn't one song on this album that I'd get the feeling to skip.
This is absolutely the best album I've bought in years, I love every single song and they were just as amazing live when I saw them on the 11th March!
Love this album so much..go buy it!!
on 23 March 2010
The boys have done well with this album. Gave it all away, is a great track, nice to hear stephen`s voice, a great tribute to him.
Great new track and different from the other albums.
I hope there`s more to come from the boys.