on 17 June 2014
If I was a dictator in a land where PCs prevail, then I would force everyone to use Seasonic PSUs or their PC would be submerged in hydrochloric acid, crushed by a Fiat Multipla and fed to the incinerator in front of their very eyes.

*evil laugh*

But I'm not, but I still strongly recommend this PSU for a low-mid to mid range rig, its such a quiet and graceful PSU that delivers. Buy one! Heck, buy two!
on 30 June 2016
I bought this on recommendation from a friend (who said Seasonic were great). Worked fine for almost two years, but then developed a horrible noise which sounded like a fan bearing, but continued even if I stopped the fan. Read online that many people had had similar issues so I've replaced it with a Corsair CP-9020097-UK VS550. Not sure how common the issue was, but until that fault it worked flawlessly and was really quiet. My previous "cheapo" PSU lasted 10 years, so I was a little disappointed.
on 17 June 2016
There's a reason why Seasonic is effectively the brand other PSU's are compared against. They are built well, and to last which is exactly what you need from a PSU. I made the mistake of cheaping out on my PSU a few years ago and regretted it ever since. Highly recommend this product, will give you peace of mind that your parts are safe and actually delivers on the wattage it states unlike so many others.

Came with a UK plug unlike what others were reporting so this is a good sign, very easy to install just plug and play and the cables are very sturdy.
on 18 February 2016
I only installed this PSU today so as far as longevity goes I cannot yet comment (though there is a 3 year manufacturer's warranty), however I feel I need to say a few things: 1) Contrary to some customer reviews I have read I can say that for me this product DID come with a UK plug, so perhaps the seller has listened to previous feedback and improved their service? 2) This product was easily installed with zero problems and worked first time, no trouble (and I'm not the most tech-savvy person you'll meet by a long way) and 3) What wasn't mentioned in other reviews was the large amount of velcro & plastic ties to bundle up all the cables with - plenty of them which is a huge plus point.

Other than those three points that I hadn't heard before in customer reviews all I can add is that this product seems - so far at least - to be of great quality. Very easy to install, large cooling fan & honeycomb design which should keep it lovely and cool in the case and VERY quiet (compared to the one that came with my Dell PC anyway).

I highly recommend this product for anyone who wants a nice compact 520w PSU.
on 19 January 2011
I bought this to replace the PSU in my DELL Dimension 9150 as it's fan had started to get very noisy and I was afraid it would suddenly grind to a halt and fry the circuitry!

The Seasonic PSU fits in directly in place of the original DELL unit but, as the Seasonic has a mains on/off switch which the DELL doesn't, I had to slightly bend a couple of little metal tabs on the rear of the DELL case to get it to fit. This was quite easy, just needing a small pair of pliers.

The Seasonic comes with numerous connecting cables, more than I needed, so it should suit a wide variety of mother boards, SATA drives, DVD and graphics cards etc. The cables are all sheathed and the connectors seem to be good quality. I bundled up the unneeded cables making sure they didn't foul anything important.

The hardest part of replacing the PSU was getting the old cables out as the cables for the SATA drives (mounted on the floor of my tower case) passed under the CPU cooling/heatsink unit and I couldn't get them pulled out. Even if I had managed there is no way I could have fed the new cables back under in the small gap between the cooler and the bottom of the case. In the end I had to undo two screws holding the cooling unit and it then hinged back so I could get the old cables out. Rather than route the new cables in the same space it was easier to replace the cooler and route the new cables around the outside of it.

While the heatsink was hinged back I took the opportunity to vacuum all the dust off the cooling fins. I was amazed how much crud there was built up on it so cleaning it up should help keep the CPU cooler.

The computer powered up perfectly first time but when I put the case back together I got a 'blue screen of death' referring to an NTFS error just after Windows started up. I found that the side cover of the computer case had pushed against the power cable on the C: drive and displaced it slightly. I had to bend the new cables (they are quite stiff) a bit to let the case close without pressing against the connector on the drive. Since then the computer has worked flawlessly and the new PSU fan is much, much quieter than the old one was even before it started misbehaving :-). The new fan is a much larger one as well so I think it will help the PSU run cooler.
on 26 July 2013
Read the box. Believe the box. The box doesn't lie.

Did some research into what I needed before buying, and everything worked out just fine.
on 10 December 2014
After literally blowing out 4 other crappy non-branded PSUs I realised that people aren't kidding when they tell you not to cheap out on your PSU.
Now I was looking for a quality PSU; Seasonic were highly recommended even over Corsair.
So I ordered this PSU, It arrived next day as expected, came in a very nice box, the PSU looks very nice. The wires are all pre-sleeved keeping cable management quite nice.
So I installed everything and fired it up, It worked perfectly like all the other PSUs but I was in constant fear of it just blowing up out of nowhere, but needless to say, It didn't. I've been using it for a little over a month now without a hitch (which is what I'd expect for the price!)
Over all, very nice piece of hardware.

+ pre-sleeved cables
+ lots of extra cables for future upgrades
+ what can I say, It just works.

- PSUs are damn expensive and for this price it is very low wattage
- despite coming with lots of cables for future upgrades, the low wattage makes them redundant
on 20 August 2014
After one and half year, what I presume to be a capacitor started to be faulty and the supply is know making a loud flicking noise which also produces intereference through my home electrical network.
Never had such a problem before, first time I buy a branded supply (as opposed to no-name).

I am getting in touch with the customer service.
on 6 January 2015
Pretty much perfect for anything that you won't SLI a graphcis card with. I use this with a GTX 970 and an i5-4690k. My prior PSU could not provide enough power to the GPU via the 2 x 6-pin PCI-E cables. However this could with a lot of headroom too.

You won't be able to SLI a GTX 970 or anything that requires in excess of 20amps though. Not that you need it with a 970.
on 26 August 2013
This is a very good PSU. It runs very quietly and comes with lots of connectors. However, for some reason it does not come with a UK plug - at the time of writing this does not seem to be mentioned in the product description. Very frustrating!