Customer reviews

on 31 March 2011
I saw this rather bland but entertaining enough VFX film on it's cinema release and the music initially made no impression on me. A very generic modern score, I thought at the time. However, a year later, I decided to revisit this film in the mood for a no brainer action/effects movie for a second opinion. I'm glad I did as the music really stood out with it's infectious themes which prompted me to purchase the soundtrack. No classic but, regardless a great listening experience which I have had on repeat to the annoyance of my wife! Stand out track is 6 minutes, 3. "Perseus" containing all the main thematic elements.
on 25 March 2011
It is really easy to be snobbish about the score for Clash of the Titans. Is it highly original? No. Does it contain some of the best writing ever written for a mythical action film? Probably not. However, if you are a fan of the style of music that comes from Hans Zimmer and his associates then you will more than likely enjoy this album. The main action theme as introduced in "There Is A God In You" is perfectly good, and is reprised several times on the album. The tracks "Perseus" and "Release the Kraken" probably contain the best orchestrations of the main action theme on the album and are rather enjoyable.

There is a long track "Be My Weapon" which is slightly odd. There are a lot of electronics which sounds sightly out of kilter with the rest of the album although it may have worked perfectly within the film (which I haven't seen).

At 70 minutes long, and I would consider this good value for money, and even if there are some tracks you don't like, there is quite a lot of material to choose from.
Overall, this is not a terrible album! If you are not into the Zimmer style of music, this release is certainly not for you. For those who do like that action style of film score, whilst undoubtedly not the best I have ever heard, I have heard a lot worse. I would give it 4 stars for those who like the Zimmer trademark sound, and 2 stars for everyone else!
on 7 December 2010
Actually the track 'Perseus' is probably one of the most emotive tracks I've ever heard: better than Hans Zimmer could do actually.

So it isn't all bad. Most of it is actually quite good.
I loved the film, (and have it on DVD) and I thought the soundtrack to the film was brilliant, so I bought the CD of the soundtrack to add to my collection. :-)

Ramin Djawadi has written some great melodies for this film, (he also writes the original score for Game of Thrones"
on 19 October 2012
Yes,there was a time when ol' mister Worthington would have been worth waking up next to.,so now instead of sitting through repeats of 'Clash..' remanising,you can play this instead.A must for those like me who just can't get Sammy boy out of their head,or their bed!
The artwork on the inlay sleeve is of quality and doesn't feel cheap.,granted,no pictures of perseus taking a lather in just his medievel undergarments,but fab nonetheless.
The score utilizes its themes well,throwing up a few surprises.,O.K it does have a contemporary generic feel at times but is different enough to hold its own.
Up to you how much you want to pay for this but for under £6 inc.delivery,for what it is,should satisfy those who as i said earlier can't watch the film again.
Wazza.
on 19 April 2010
What another boring score album from the guys from Remote Control.

I remember the 90's and early 2000's when one could be sure a blockbuster would receive a great score like Waterworld, Stargate, Independence Day, The Mummy, The Mummy Returns or The Legend of Zorro just to name a few ... but now days ... we have the Zimmer clones delivering the same weak scores over and over again.
33 Comments| 9 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 August 2016