on 28 January 2016
This is an amazing tripod. Took it to Australia and we used it in all sort of places: park, street lights, floor... Our friends and relative loved it. Super handy.
on 21 September 2010
An wonderful product useful when you travel on your own and don't find people around to take your own snaps!

Most of the times, when we travel, if we travel as couple, either of one only will be always as the other person has to take the photo!

If you are single, then the only way is take the photo of the place, and you are not in it!

To avoid all this, I will recommend to buy & use this.

Product was delivered before the due date and I used it extensively and it was really helpful in every way.
on 23 March 2011
Purchased this for use with my Panasonic TZ8 which is towards the upper weight limit of this tripod. Therefore I was a bit dubious whether the magnets would hold firm. I was very impressed when I tried it on the side so only the magnetic feet were holding it as the camera was absolutely static.

The flexible gripping legs are excellent and work well, albeit a bit stiff. The gorillapod is replacing an older rigid leg mini tripod and is far more user friendly. This is an excellent piece of kit.
on 21 January 2017
Bought as a present for my son, he uses for his Aodin Mini projector & thinks its fantastic! Just the right size. The legs of gorilla pod are flexible enough to position yet very sturdy. magnetic feet are quite strong too. (Although he will not risk weight of projector using only the magnetic feet, he is confident to use his go pro without concern)
He had purchased cheaper version's but obviously they have not lasted so he's very pleased with this good quality item.
on 29 April 2014
This is the second GorillaPod I own after buying a larger one for my DSLR. This tripod is great for compact cameras or bridge cameras I occasionally use. I also use this on other devices too like my portable audio recorder.

As ever with this brand, this is a really good quality product. It doesn't slip out of position with a camera mounted on it and I feel confident that it won't fall or topple over when I'm using it. Great value for money.
on 7 February 2012
This is a great little tripod for the price. it is quite small, check the dimensions. the fact it's magnetic has been useful as can put it safely on the roof of the car and use a long shutter time at night.Not sure i would trust the magnets alone on a vertical surface, I'm using it with a Panasonic Lumix LX5 so not as big as an SLR but a bit bigger that a compact. I like the quick release as well as you don't need to screw it on every time.
on 15 March 2012
When I ordered this product I expected to use it with Canon S5IS, but for this tripod it`s too heavy to operate freely without fear to drop it. Tripod`s magnets are really strong, and even S5IS sticks verticaly, but the ballhead is not firm enough to keep such weight from leaning.

If you have a small pocket camera this tripod is for you without doubts. But for more heavy ones, you should have a look on larger gorilla tripods.
on 30 July 2012
Using it with a BenQ bridge camera. The weight of the camera will cause the tripod to droop or move however can be adjusted to more stable setup. Not the most stable but it is a heavy camera and the tripod was less than £13. The only issues I had was due to the weight so a compact would not suffer.

Still was highly useful and even held against a fridge door.
on 9 April 2016
Alful bit of kit. Attached our new Canon G7X to it and the camera fell to the floor 3 times and has broken fior good that we can't use it at all. It detached at the ball joint. So now we have a month old G7X that we can't use. Not sure where we stand legally on this re fixing the camera. It was the Joby GorillaPod Magnetic that caused the problem in the first place.
on 26 April 2011
I bought this as a present for my Dad, and seeing his usual reluctance to anything "new-fangled" was a bit anxious. Happy to say that the absolutely Loves this - does what it says on the box, easy to use and it looks good. Nothing to fault.

From my side, it was really good value for money and the delivery occurred two days earlier than expected.