on 23 November 2010
Although I have had both these bits of kit for a long time I had not tried connecting them before. I am a hobby pianist and computer user. Having been given a piano teacher bit of software I decided I would like to start playing a little more again. I searched around and there was a surprising number of lead options available with prices ranging from about £10 upwards. I chose this product as, apart from having the right connections, it was at the lower end of the price range and I didn't need something too professional as it would be wasted on me!

Very straight forward to connect and it all worked first time, I was actually really impressed seeing the keys I played appearing on the screen - maybe its just a generation thing and surprise at what is possible with technology.

I have even recorded pieces and played them back so for the first time in my life being able to listen critically to my performance - I won't give up my day job!

The lead is an old fashined 5 pin din plug from the keyboard - there are two - one to capture sound out and one for sending instruction to play in, which lets the keyboard play through the computer. The other end is a simple usb plug.

Highly recommended and not too expensive if you only find time to use it once in a while.
on 25 August 2011
This simple little midi in/out worked straight out the packet. It has the round din connections for your midi keyboard and a USB connection for your computer. I'm using a PC so, I can't speak for Macs. No drivers required (I'm using Windows 7) and a light on the device let's you know it's connected properly. It appears in a drop down box as a selectable device and was providing a working interface between computer and keyboard in minutes. It does exactly what I wanted it to do.
on 8 October 2011
Unpacked it, plugged it in, opened my music software and hey presto it worked!
So simple and to think I used to install expensive pci cards to do the same job.
on 31 July 2011
No need to get the expensive ones. This works as it should with my Yamaha keyboard. Cheap price and no problems. Worth buying.
on 7 March 2012
Supposed to work with Windows 7 plug and play but it didn't. I'm fairly tech savvy and from looking online there's seems to be a bit of messing around with drivers etc, tried that out but still didn't work.
It's for my Dad's keyboard and PC so when I get the time I'll have another go at it but was put off as from reading some of the other reviews you would think it was just plug and play like most things nowadays!
on 17 April 2012
Very impressed with the quality of this product. For something so cheap it has no latency and it just works. I have successfully used it to plug my Yamaha midi keyboard into my mac and to my iPad using the camera connection kit. Couldn't recommend highly enough!
on 26 January 2012
Not much to say other than it came really quick, was a piece of cake to use with my MacBook pro, no drivers required, and worked with Serato SL & Behringer DDM4000 mixer seamlessly, and was a good price
on 10 August 2014
Arrived promptly and exactly as described, thank you