on 17 May 2011
This rucksack offers amazing value money and it fulfills all my requirements! a++. It is well designed and has plenty of pockets for easy access. It has a bottom zip entry into the main compartment (which also has a seperator) and therefore good for wet or dirty gear. The straps are comfy with plenty of adjustment to help make it fit nice and snug. If you are looking for 60 + 10 litre pack for expedition or travel and you are on a budget this is definately for you.
on 31 October 2009
Excellent value for money.
This backpack was fine for 2 weeks hostelling in Iceland, flexible - different pockets, showerproof & plenty of options for attaching extras. It adapted well to a very short person, comfortable to carry & walk, compact for slinging into busses... Very happy to recommend it.
on 7 June 2009
I researched a lot of Rucksacks before deciding on this one. This Rucksack is exactly what I wanted. Excellent value for the short 3 day trip I had planned. The Rucksack performed well and all the Straps, zips and compartments worked as required. If you are planning a long trek or trip, I feel it might be worth investing in a Rucksack with a more structured harness/padding system.
on 27 December 2009
I was a bit dubious about the price of this rucksack as it looked a bit too good to be true. I wanted a rucksack for my son for DofE but didnt want to spend a fortune on something that would only be used 2 or 3 times a year. This was a bargain! Well made and spacious and it looks pretty hard wearing. The straps look good quality and for the price you cant complain.
on 8 September 2009
My son took this rucksack with him on the West Highland Way and found that he had plenty space, and that it was comfortable. The only thing was that access to stuff inside was a bit difficult. He would, however, use it again.Lichfield Explorer 60+10 Rucksack Charcoal
on 17 September 2011
Initial thoughts were its not too bad this, "...but all I did was fasten the belt" I said to my beloved wife who give me the Paddington bear look as I stood holding a broken clip in one hand and the other side of the belt in the other. It may have been a one off, a dodgy clip but it's those type of events that make you look closely at the rest of the materials. If you want a cheap Rucksack, it looks the biz. if you expect it to last .. I think you may be disappointed. Worth spending a lot more or buying a good used rucksack with a good quality reputation.
That is exactly what I did. The wife believes it was just me but then thats nothing new...

Of course, if it is for one of those adventure school trips which may only ever happen the once, and which the said adventurer doesnt care how much it costs as long as it looks the part, then go for it...

Nuf Said
on 13 June 2015
This thing has survived about 6 festivals and the only damage is that I've ripped the drawstring hood (my own fault).
It's great value for money, the straps are extra comfy and it's ultra adjustable. I'm quite a tall guy and it's not bad at all. It's shower proof and has spent nearly a week sat in a flooded tent. My belongings inside were pretty dry!
I've had it for 4 years now and i'm planning on taking it to another 2 festivals this year and backpacking across across Spain. If it doesn't survive this Summer I will be buying another one!
on 6 September 2013
Although it wasn't my first choice I had to buy it since the one I wanted was out of stock:).

I needed a medium sized rucksack quickly and I wanted a cheap, reliable one.
Used it in Central America for a month passing through Guatemela,Belize and Mexico during the rainy seazon.
Has been badly treated by the bus drivers, left in water on boats, under the hot sun ,in the jungle, on the beach and it flew (by plane) 8 times.
I've tryed to fit in more than it could have stored, weird shapes of things too.

The misses had a similar one (posh/expensive brand-in the 250£ price area)that was treated in the sameway as mine.
-The expensive one was 100% waterproof while the Lichfield had TINY infiltrations around the zipper area...otherwise perfectly dry.
-Expensive one 2 broken buckles while Lichfield perfectly intact.
Large enough for one person's complete universe :)) presents for dear ones included.
Plenty enough little pockets everywhere that makes it easy to put all the little things u normally lose. Seems really light and fragile at first view, yet it isn't . The hip support makes it really easy to carry around and the adjustable holders help reduce tension on your back bone.
Alltogether I've got more then what I expected.

I strongly recommend this product since after one month of rucksack hell looks pretty new (kinda dusty though:)) and is looking forward to a new adventure.:)
on 28 August 2011
This Rucksack is easy to carry, has plenty of space and it has also a lot of hidden places where you can put several things you want to carry with you.
on 15 July 2011
This bag was comfy to use but only after 24 hours use the seams started to come undone near the bottom and one of the main straps came half off whilst securing the top flap. Not good in the middle of the lakes. Wont be buying this make again.

See one answered question