on 13 March 2017
This is a 'one mug' French press and Bodum is a long established Scandinavian brand that just says quality. They've even thrown in a plastic coffee spoon that delivers the perfect amount for the mug full with just one scoop.
on 2 May 2012
This was my ideal replacement for my cracked and leaking cafetiere.
I chose Bodum this time, as I already have a large Bodum cafetiere, and wanted to match up with a small one, and one that replaceable parts could be possible.
Our small cafetiere travels with us on holidays, and is so easy to make coffee, several cups, just make it stronger, and then dilute in the mug/cup!
Lovely quality, and a very simple design.
Worth paying that bit extra.
on 5 April 2017
Works great and I've had no issue with it at all. I can get about 3 large size mugs out of it so capacity is probably four standard size ones. If you're using coffee cups then maybe touch under five.The plunger and filer work well and I had no issues with hot coffee squirting out of the top when you press down. It's basic, probably a little overpriced but well made and does the job well.
on 13 May 2017
Positives: looks nice, and good size for morning coffee. If the design worked, I imagine it would be quite slick.
Negatives: the glass chamber does not fit into the plastic casing. We struggled to take this apart for washing, and when reassembling, so much pressure is required to fit the glass into the cradle, we were terrified of shattering it and slashing our wrist open!!! We tried washing without taking this apart, but found it did not clean properly around the cradle.
Fortunately we have a back up, as our reassembly attempt this morning has ended in a broken handle!
review image
on 1 June 2017
For the 10-15 pound price-range, this is probably the best quality French Press available. I've used mine twice a day for 8 months and it works perfectly well, just as good as a more expensive one I had back in the States.

Some advice:
-Do not over-tighten the mesh filter onto the plunger
-Be gentle with the glass carafe.
-Rinse the mesh filter immediately after use.
on 17 April 2017
Love this coffee maker. It looks stylish and keeps the coffee hot for a considerable length of time. Which is great as I like my coffee to have a nice strong depth of flavour so I can steep it for longer. Highly recommend,.
on 7 May 2017
Love coffe? You need this gadget! Forget about electric machines etc. This is all thing you need and good ground coffe , very strong glass and sturdy ...
on 5 March 2017
Does exactly what it is advertised for. It has helped me save a lot on work coffee, is easy to clean and good looking at the same time. Not too much coffee powder gets trhough the filter, so that is definitely a plus. 1L is good for two large mugs for say you and one colleague.
on 10 January 2016
Bought as a Christmas gift for the hubby when his other one broke (got dropped by a startled wife).
He absolutely loves it, and uses it every single weekend.

Lovely shade of red, which is his favorite color.
on 23 June 2017
Good product doing exactly as advertised. Easy to use & to clean too.