on 13 May 2012
Briefly, had researched duplex scanners and this was the best value quality item and after having it for a month, has performed beautifully. Use it with an iMac and the software works flawlessly, especially in combination with Evernote. I've nearly scanned in all important paper documents using one click button on the scanner itself and (having set up a 'profile' as per the software itself) it saves automatically as a PDF to my Evernote account and also to my Dropbox account at the same time - awesome time saving and data security package.

Don't worry about the cost - it's a drop in the ocean compared to what it gives back in relation to performance and data management.
on 21 February 2012
I can't fault it well worth the money.I was able tho scan all my paper bills ect and get rid of the bulky file boxes.
on 25 May 2012
I've tried document scanning with a flatbed before but it was just too time consuming and I could never get the quality and file size right. This does everything for you. Great scans, double sided, fast and manageable sizes. This really has changed the way I handle paperwork. With cheap hard drives and cloud based storage I can now access all my documents with ease.
on 10 April 2011
This ScanSnap has a very small desktop footprint but is hugely useful. In the few weeks I've been using it large amounts of paper have been quickly scanned, stored and their paper originals fed to an ever hungry shredder. It is simple to use, with easy to specify scanning profiles for all types of work. Being a single-pass duplex scanner makes it even more useful. A thoroughly recommended scanner, whether for use at home or on the road.
on 12 April 2011
Very high quality scanner, small and durable. Reasonably fast scanning, double side on same pass, 6 or so pages per minute. Powered off a second USB port, so no power block needed. Software with good options to scan to file printer, fax or email. Not TWAIN compliant, but the Fujitsu drivers work as well with Windows & Mac. Recommended.
VINE VOICETOP 500 REVIEWERon 2 January 2012
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I got this just to use for the home, as the idea of a sheet-fed scanner seemed more appealing than flat bed scanner. I found it easy to use, compact, versatile and more than adequate in terms of speed. However, a friend with a fairly busy business bought the same product, and was dissatisfied with it, as she feels that the scanning speed is far too slow. She was so dissatisfied in fact that she upgraded to the S1500 model (at nearly twice the price), which she says is ideal for her needs. So, if speed is an issue, this may not be the best scanner for you - otherwise, it seems quite a handy, well-designed and functional piece of kit.
on 1 November 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
I've been using the S1300 for a few weeks now and am very happy with it so far. It is compact when not in use, fast in operation (with very few misfeeds) and offers a great selection of file formats to choose from to cover just about all eventualities. Installation was simple too. I really can't fault a thing (except maybe it's slightly high asking price)

If you're looking for a reliable portable scanner, you won't be disappointed.
on 16 September 2011
The Fujitsu ScanSnap S1300 is everything I was looking for. It is compact when it is open and even more so when it is not in use. It all just folds away to make it neater. It looks very sleek and doesn't take up too much desk space.

Its scan function is excellent and there are just so many options that you can then do afterwards. Scan to Folder, Word, Excel, E-mail and Powerpoint to name a few. This is ideal for work and I would recommend it if you are looking to purchase a scanner
on 1 August 2010
I'd seen various review of Fujitsu ScanSnap products - and this was their very latest portable device. I wanted a scanner to combine with the on-line Evernote service that I use to take notes. I also envisioned becoming a paperless household and scanning post as it arrived (like those big companies!).

I bought it with some trepidation - thinking "could it really be that good?". Well, I am delighted to say that it is! Staggeringly small - and really, really simple to use. Works seamlessly with Evernote service - linked with this you get an excellent searchable database of documents scanned in (Evernote do the OCR bit). Totally recommended.
0Comment| 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
VINE VOICEon 20 August 2011
Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
The footprint of this scanner is tiny. That is because it uses a paper feed rather than a flat bed. The input tray cleverly extends once you have opened a flap on top of the unit. It needs a power supply, but that can be provided via a second USB cable. Even my netbook managed to power that.

After installing four software programs, the scanner was up and running. A large illuminated blue button on the right is labelled "scan" and that is it.

As a first test, I scanned a multi-lingual instruction leaflet that came with the scanner. It was A4, but landscape. Out it came, and a panel appeared on my screen asking what I wanted to do with the document. I could print it, save as PDF or an image or open in a range of programs from Office or Google Docs. I chose Word.

I then got a message to say that the results might not be too good, as I had chosen normal quality. Searching my Windows menu, I found the settings program to adjust quality, but decided to proceed. ABBYY (bundled) did a good job, it recognised that the document was landscape and got most of the text correct.

So what if you don't have Microsoft Office? There is no obvious option to substitute LibreOffice Writer for Word. You can add it to the menu of options for destination in advanced mode, but then the document appears as an image. There is no obvious option to add the supplied ABBYY Finereader as target: if you have other OCR programs, you can make those the target, but it would be nice to be able to customize the destination programs for Office tools.

Needless to say, there was already a software update online, which I downloaded, and that gives a better interface to the scanner.

This is not a cheap scanner. It will not handle anything but loose sheets of paper. However, it is simple to use, quick even in high quality mode, and tiny, so if its few shortcomings can be ignored, it has to be a good buy.