on 13 July 2013
I remember my younger brother playing with a toy like this back in the mid-eighties.

A "Grass Gobbler" I think it was called. It used to throw faux grass around in the plastic dome on top of the mower; little bits of green plastic-grass being thrown everywhere with each push.

This toy is much better than that except that the green hundreds-and-thousands inside the dome have been replaced with coloured balls. It's still great fun every time it's pushed though.

And it's a pretend-petrol mower too. A little petrol canister comes with it and my son loves to fill up the tank and then pull the starter cord. It makes a great noise. There's a switch and a key on the handle which both make great noises when moved.

My son enjoys pushing it around the living room and outside, pretending to cut the lawn as he goes.

He loves it so much that he waves goodbye to it when he goes to bed! It's definitely his favourite toy.

Assembly was very easy.

And it needs to be.

When there's a over-eager two year-old boy wanting to get his hands on his toy mower, assembly needs to be fast and easy!
A great product. Good value too when compared with the lacklustre alternatives in high-street shops.
on 22 June 2014
My Grandson absolutely loved this mower the sounds it makes, the petrol tank and the moving parts. He has had it for three years and used it most days poor Granddad has to mow the more than needs be with the Grandson leading the way so it looks as though he has cut the grass. Now we have a Granddaughter so of course she will have her own mower. She is only 4 months old at the moment but it was such a good price I had to buy it now. The petrol cap now has a movable lid which my Grandson picked up on right away as he had to test drive the new one but now it has been put away until the Granddaughter can walk.
on 16 December 2014
Bought this for my friend's 2 year old and they hated me for buying this as it's quite loud and so disturbed their peaceful birthday BBQ but the little fella LOVES it!! He plays with it non-stop and loves being just like his dad cutting the grass. He occasionally brings it indoors and "hoovers" the house with it too!! I'll be buying this for my wee man when he's old enough. Great toy and it's stood up to the mis-treatment from my friend's 2 year old so far so it must be right flippin' strong as he's pretty heavy handed with a bit of a crash-bash attitude. On a side note, my friends got over it when they realised they could easily get me back in future with a drum kit or something similar ;)
on 27 May 2014
Paid extra for fast delivery & I was able to track & have text of arrival time - brill.
Mower is perfect for imitation play. The petrol can is a lovely touch & no batteries needed either. It does make a lot of noise but then what small child does not like to make a racket! It has a stopper to stop it tipping easily for those learning to walk. We have a bubble machine mower to (yes grandma spolis grandson) but he likes this one better & being Little Tikes it is really durable. These are sold out most places at the moment, but I was happy to pay extra to get one. Am taking it camping as he will have lots of grass to cut.
Would recommend as you get what you pay for.
on 3 July 2014
My 2 year old grandson loves it! Really well made and very strong. Attention to detail very good has a pull cord that makes a noise, key to turn, throttle to move and fuel can to fill it up. As it is pushed along coloured balls click and bounce inside. My grandson has spent loads of time playing with it and everytime the grass is cut out comes his very own Lawnmower. Very good buy worth paying that littlw bit more for the detail and enjoyment it gives.
on 18 June 2015
Unfortunately on off twist switch was broken when it arrived, hubby fixed it rather than bother with a return as it was required immediatlely!! Great outdoor fun for grandson (18 months) who spends hours pushing it up and down the lawn just like grandpa! On time with the despatch, nicely packed.
on 27 August 2014
My little girl got this for her 2nd birthday and absolutely loves it. It is good quality and sturdy and has lots of features she loves such as the ignition cord, petrol tank, etc. It is also much better quality than the ELC versions. The only reason I haven't given it 5 stars is that I think it is quite expensive for what it is.
on 7 August 2013
Bought this for our son's 2nd birthday and it's a hit. He was a bit unsure of the noise when you pull the cord at first, but has got past that. Our carpet has been mown on and off all day. Must use a lot of petrol though as he refills it very often :). Easy to clip together but our son won't be able to unclip it as the handle slots in securely. Well made, and very reasonable for the price, I've seen a lot of flimsy mowers where the handle would come off. He's been after a mower for a while and I'm glad we choose this one, relying on the little tikes brand to produce a good product.
on 23 June 2014
I was very impressed with the quality of this little mower as have looked at lots which were very flimsy indeed . This is a birthday present for my grandson who loves helping daddy in the garden , however , his birthday isn't for a couple of weeks yet so yet to get his reaction ! Can't wait
on 5 February 2014
I bought this for my grandson and he loves it. It was to replace a different one which was not robust enough for him. This is the strongest one I have seen, It makes a noise which he really loves and the petrol can is an added bonus.
I would recommend this for any outdoor loving child. Perfect for copying the gardener!