on 5 April 2010
This is a book of ideas. It's an intelligent, well-written sci-fi thriller told by a likeable first person narrator. The story - involving body-swapping holidays, mining for fuel ore, far-flung colonies, kidnapping - is engagingly told and, like the best sci-fi, it shows us a future that shines a light on our present; the characters struggle with questions of identity and memory while seeking to escape from the terrible drudgery of the daily toil. And, of course, there is always the hope of finding redemption through love.

The world it is set in is confidently and convincingly portrayed; the technical details made me feel as if the author must have travelled to the future and worked in a job very much like the narrator's to be able to tell us so much about it.

I found this book through the kindle forums and I'm glad I did. I enjoyed it and I look forward to reading more of this author's work.
on 16 March 2012
It is most unfortunate that most of this book was written in the first person. Personally I think this makes a story sound like it was written by a schoolchild. Alas this is compounded by the switch to the third person when the main character is no longer in a situation. Such a shame because this is actually a very good SF novel. It explores what every Science Fiction book should, that of the possibilities and consequences of a new idea. I thought the premise and its execution were excellent resulting in a thoroughly good read. Would have been 5* if the whole thing was written in the third.
on 18 July 2013
Very different sort of science fiction for me. I read "Passengers to Zeta Nine" (Book 2) first (coz it was free!!) and I am hooked. Some unexpected twists and turns, resulting in a most enjoyable read. I have just started book 3 - "Passengers: Revelations" which brings the two threads together.
Peter Salisbury makes the science of the future plausible. Occasionally (especially in Zeta Nine) a tendency to pad out the narrative, but a good story, nonetheless.
If you like this sort of science fiction, then this series by Peter Salisbury is a good read.
on 1 June 2011
On a whim I downloaded this book for my Kindle for a mere 69p although I would happily have paid the paperback price.

I had expected a bit of trashy pulp sci-fi in the vein of Harry Harrison perhaps but what I got was actually much better, a well thought out and imaginative novel with a very fresh approach to the old planetary colonisation theme.
on 20 February 2012
This was my first reading of anything by Peter Salisbury, and I was not sure what to expect. I need not have worried. The book was superbly written in a style which created an amazing atmosphere that put you where the action was, and there was plenty of it. This story has an originallity that is quite refreshing and a story-line which kept me sat on the edge of my seat. A thoroughly enjoying book to read, and I cannot wait for further "Passenger" books to appear. (Please)
on 30 September 2014
Spoiler Alert!
A great story, and a really well thought out alien society.
A bit long winded here and there, but well written and easy to read.
on 26 August 2012
I like the books from this author, but stylistically he drives me insane. Good concepts, great story, good characters - but so many typos and errors that really detract from your enjoyment. Get an editor, and you could move from an interesting writer to a really good one.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 8 March 2012
I really enjoyed this book, it is refreshing to find a writer with such a unique way of building an un put downable book.Peter Salisbury has created a sci fi world in his mind which is completely different from anything I have read before and I cannot wait for his next one to come out!!
on 18 January 2012
I've never read Peter Salisbury until this.
A really interesting premise on the idea of inter-stellar colonisation, although I was sceptical about the perseverance of governmental organisations persisting for long enough to make it all happen.
A good read.
on 1 November 2014
Slow start setting the stage for the plot/story but once into its stride was great read will definately be getting next book.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse