on 4 March 2017
This here is a good Firewire cable. I say that because I use it to run from one end of my studio to the other, and even at 5 metres that's a stretch. And then I have a habit of pulling my MacBook onto the sofa and actually using it on my lap, just like an olde-worlde laptop. This causes the cable to tug plaintively at my DAC unit, which faces the opposite direction, creating a tight U-bend. Suffice to say, after the best part of two years, the cable's still working fine. So this is one of yr robust Firewire cables, not a cheapo, wear-out-&-replace kind. I guess if your 5 metre connector is somewhere semi-permanent, where it won't be plugged, unplugged, tugged or lugged, then yeah you could probably pick up a cheaper cable. Me, I'm glad I spent the extra.
on 14 February 2015
Worked well !! I used it together with Apple Thunderbolt to FireWire Adaptor, to connect my Canon MV750i to MacbookPro, then I can use iMovie application to import all my DVs from the cassettes of the past 10 years.

Just the price can be cheaper. However, compared with Apple this price is not too bad.

It has been bothering me for many years how to import the cassate DV to a hair disk in standard video format. Happy in the end. But it should have been much simpler.
on 12 August 2017
Really good but would it be too much ask for some indication of which way up is the correct way? Would it be expensive? Would it take a genius?
on 7 August 2017
When I give a mark of '3' it means that the item(s) does the job at a reasonable price. OK service and I would buy again.
on 10 April 2017
Works really well for an old legacy firewire audio input for my Mac. I have the Mac mini 2012 I use this with as it has the newer firewire ports.
on 12 April 2017
I have to explain why I like a cable? I can't just give it the stars? Really? Ok...
I was able to plug things into it and then they did the stuff they are designed to do.
on 26 April 2017
Great product that does exactly what it says it will. I have a 10 year old camcorder that I wanted to use to download old videos to my MacBook. Firewire 400 no longer supported on macbooks so by buying this and a firewire adapter I am now all sorted.
on 26 April 2017
Working fine after many months, does exactly what it's supposed to.
on 2 June 2017
I have an apogee duet firewire 400 and this didn't work when I plugged it in to my Mac Pro. An 800 to 400 lead that was in my house worked fine though so I think this adapter is not good for duets unless I just had a dud one, unlikely though. Go with a new cable instead of an adapter, same price!
on 15 August 2017
Does not enable my cam corder to access my dvd application.