on 21 March 2011
This is the first of the Halo sets outside of the battle packs I have bought (so, the first vehicles), and I can say I am not dissapointed. I had heard some negative reviews about this line especially about durability and how they don't hold together and are prone to falling apart, but I had no such trouble. In this set you get 1 UNSC Mongoose, 1 Covenant Turret, 1 Green Spartan figurine with a replica sniper rifle, and 1 Blue Elite figurine with an energy sword. The Mongoose is very good and great to handle, it is very easy to build with straight forward instructions and is also very durable after building. It also rolls well on its wheels and could be handled easily by a child. Not to mention how its a very good replica of the actual vehicle. I don't like the Covenant turret as much, as (because I haven't seen it in the games) I believe it was just fabricated for the Mega Bloks line, and it's annoying that its not a Shade turret like from the games, but nevertheless, its still easy to build and very sturdy after completion. The figurines also look good, and the mini sniper rifle with a little stand attatched to the bottom just looks amazing. Overall, this set is very good and could work well as a starter pack for any new-comer to this line, and if it wasn't for the slightly less impressive Covenant turret it would recieve full marks. Highly recommended.
on 9 July 2012
This was a christmas present for my partner. Despite him being 22 at the time, he loves all the Halo merchandise so finding this was fantastic. Typically he had everything out of the box within minute's, chattering away about how cool it was and built and rebuilt all the figurines, which then all had a place on the shelf within 30 minutes. Safe to say I was replaced by an inch tall toy with a fake plasma gun that day! It made him really happy though, as I would expect it would for younger children too.
VINE VOICEon 25 January 2011
I have always been a little dubious about Mega Bloks, as they don't often seem to be of the high quality that you associate with their most obvious competitor, Lego.

But being a Halo fan, I decided to give one of their Halo sets a go. Generally, the pieces are quite good (perhaps a little rough in places) and the minifigures are well made and articulated. I was pleasantly surprised.

The instructions are clear and the model fits together well. The Mongoose vehicle has been designed to hold together under strenuous play (it has survived my kids anyway) but I'm not so sure about the Covenant turret, it isn't as sturdy and it tends to fall apart more often.

For the price, I think this set is decent value. If you're into Halo it's a great way to get hold of a cute little Spartan and Elite figure, and the Mongoose is an iconic vehicle. Of course, if you collect the series anyway this is a no brainer.
on 9 November 2010
Great for collectors, detailed and well constructed. Easy to put together, hard to keep that way for younger fans of "Lego" and building toys.
on 8 January 2014
Very Happy with product, made a great xmas present and my nephew loves it! Would defo recommend to others to buy
on 9 July 2012
This is a well made product, good fun to compile and simple to complete. The attention to detail on the parts is quite high. The finished built product looks great.
on 4 January 2013
I'd forgotten that I bought this as it was a long time since I bought it, but I know the recipient loved it.
on 7 January 2014
I bought Mega Bloks HALO UNSC Mongoose Buildable Playset as a present for my grandson - he really loves it!
on 31 December 2014
not much to say, its a small Halo themed (almost Lego) build.
on 9 March 2015
Better value than in the shops. Will shop again.