Customer reviews

Being Human: Chasers
Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.99

on 25 July 2017
Big fan of the series I enjoyed the story it just wasn't long enough 😊
on 8 December 2012
I loved the TV show Being Human so I bought all three books, Chasers, The Road and Bad Blood. Really enjoyed all of them
on 27 March 2011
If I'm honest when I came looking for Being Human books I was looking for something based on the series', as a massive fan I was a bit sceptical when I read that they were spin-off books. I have never been into the whole super-natural thing so worried a bit that these might be more 'Twilight-esque' than the general day to day of Being Human. I am pleased to say I was wrong!!

There are three books in the series The Road, Chasers and Bad Blood (in that order) which are based within the second series of the show and definately stay true to it but managing to differ the story without going to far off the mark.

Chasers starts off exactly where The Road left off so no missing story. It follows George (mainly) on his quest to be 'normal' as he considers donating sperm to his lesbian friends so they can have a child. Obviously though given that he is a warewolf it can't always be that plain sailing and this is the tale of what goes on with the 'arrangement'.

I read this book in a day as I just could not put it down, whilst not massively exciting and at parts written more toward the teen genre I did enjoy it and it reads exactly how you would watch it and I like the fact that the descriptions right down to the movements are what we would expect to see on screen.

Overall I really do like this book it has humour, sadness, thrill and angst through out and is definately a must for those who like the show.
In the mould of Sci-fi/Fantasy shows such as Doctor Who and Torchwood (Being Human creator Toby Whithouse cut his teeth writing for both of the above), Being Human is an engaging and imaginative TV series that is very much of the moment.
This is the second TV Tie-in novel for the series and is a competently written and atmospheric slice of fiction that echoes the TV series and could indeed be an episode - although the show's trademark gore and darkness is largely absent here. The story revolves around George's attempts to become a surrogate father and Mitchell's striving to avoid his blood addiction and keeps the characters much as they are in the parent TV series. This novel does follow directly on from the first paperback Being Human: The Road so it's worth reading them in order.
on 19 April 2010
Good story and told in the same way as the TV series. 3 books available, all by different authors but telling a good tale nonetheless. Have read and enjoyed all 3 books and am just waiting for more to be published!
on 1 April 2010
If you like the tv series you will the love the books. Further developement of charactors and the plot between the 2 tv series .An enjoyable quick and easy read. I read all 3 books over 2 days
on 24 July 2010
great story following on from series two. I had read books one and three before and will be going back to re read the set over the summer.all of the familiar characters are here plus some who just appear in the books. very easy reading. well woth a read.Being Human: Bad BloodBeing Human: The RoadBeing Human - Series 1-2 [DVD]
on 15 September 2016
Great thanks
on 28 February 2010
Book 1 is "The Road", Book 2 is "Chasers", Book 3 is "Bad Blood". Enjoy.