on 26 January 2011
My 3 year old boy loves this game, and spends a long time on it. It's pretty educational, so I don't mind. I do have a couple of reservations, though. Firstly, it's very (VERY) American - okay, it says "zed" not "zee" but that's about the only concession to a British market. Also, some of the letters aren't taught as they are at school, and it can take quite a long time to load different parts of the game. But these are minor gripes, really - Oliver loves it, so I'm not going to complain!
on 29 December 2010
I was very pleased with this game I purchased for my 5 year old daughter. This game is fun but also very educational and I found it great for learning how to draw differnt shapes to make pictures as well as showing them how to write letters too. I would definitely recommend to any parent. Great buy thanks Amazon.
on 6 May 2011
I bought this game for my 5 year old son to keep him entertained whilst on holiday. A great choice. Its not just drawing and colouring which is the main reason i bought it .. it also teaches you how to write your numbers and letters correctly. It kept him and his cousins entertained everyday! A good buy and good value.
on 19 October 2011
I bought this for my four year old's recent birthday, it provides an excellent, fun opportunity to improve a child's writing skills
on 10 March 2013
Excellent learning game for children. My little boy had this game when he was 2 1/2yrs old & he played it lovely. Thanks to this game my son was able to write his name before the age of 3. Would strongly recommend
on 6 January 2011
i have a 3 and 4 year old and they play this game easily. teaching them shapes and letters its a very good game, and they have fun playing it too.

my 10 year old brother in law also plays this on the eldest setting when he visits and enjoys it too.

good all rounder and very unisex unlike most of the leapster games!
on 14 October 2012
I brought this for my 3 year old daughter and it has been a brilliant buy. She has learnt to write several letters and shapes already after only a couple of months of use!

The 'game' is really interesting for children as it allows them to select the area they want to play in. As a parent, I love the fact that she thinks she is playing, but actually she is learning valuable lessons in english. She has recently started nursery and her teachers were impressed that she could hold a pencil correctly and had really good pencil control. I put majority of this down to this game. On the leappad there is a facility where you can track your childs progress.

As this is the most played with cartridge the tracking relates in majority to this game. As I said she is not 4 until another 2 months, but is pitched at age 5-6 on the tracking system! I think this is a great application and have already recommended it to a few friends, who have or are going to buy it for their children too.
on 11 February 2012
I personally think this game should be freely installed in the leapster. Our 5yo daughter loves to draw and colour and decided on this as a first addition to the console. She likes (not loves) it but unfortunately I have the relatively rare feeling that I've been ripped off by Leapfrog. The game is pushing £30 and is absolutely basic. It has pictures that can be coloured but are ridiculously poor and uninspiring for a child of any age. You can find far better colouring apps on lots of children's websites. The game contains the same over long repetive narratives that are in the other games. I think these are there to fill out the lazily put together content and are so dull it's easy to lose interest in waiting for the main "action." Our daughter has mainly used the game to rub out the installed (shockingly bad) pictures and then draw her own. Mail order is a hit and miss affair so I tend to just roll with the occasional punch but at this price, added to the leapster breaking down after 5weeks, I'm absolutely incensed!

We bought two other games,(in the sales thankfully),hoping they'd be better but they're just as bad, monotonous, narrative padded and I'll use the word again..lazy. Over a hundred pounds all in all and I have better laid out games on my cheap, works mobile phone than on this which incidentally our child finds fun and still works after a year!

My wife said get her a DS, I said she may be a little young yet but I should have listened.
on 23 January 2015
My four year old got fed up with all the talking and pre- art story lines and got impatient to get to the actual art. She gave up several times as the talking went on and on. She plays a little with it now she has gotten into it but other games holds her interest more than this. Shame really as I think this could of been good without all the American chatter.
on 10 January 2011
I bought this for my 4 year old daughter for Christmas along with the Explorer console and she absolutely loves it. It didn't take her long to understand what she needed to do and now she will sit and play with it on her own for ages. I also love that its educational and not just a game console. Even her 12 year old cousin kept playing with it. Definatley a winner as far as I'm concerned.