on 29 October 2010
When I separated the pieces in this puzzle a piece of wood including the paper glued on top chipped off. I have glued it together, but you can see where the picture was torn. I guess this can happen with laminated wood which the puzzle is made of, and mabye it was just bad luck that this puzzle broke. The picture is appealing and the qualitiy seems fine, the pieces can be a little resistant when you assemble the puzzle, which is frustrating for my 2 1/2 year old. If it had been in tip-top condition, I would have given it 4 stars. I think in the future I will prefer the cardboard puzzles from Orchard though...they actually seems more durable than the wooden ones from Melissa & Doug.
on 22 September 2013
This is a great puzzle, that our 2yo daughter really enjoys. Over last few months she has really enjoyed and mastered single piece peg puzzles, and this was an excellent next step with 12 chunky and solid puzzle pieces that have helped us show her how to put traditional puzzles together.

Would definitely recommend.
on 31 March 2012
My two year old enjoyed doing this puzzle. An interesting picture, just the right amount of pieces before she goes onto 24 piece ones. Lovely quaility wooden puzzle.
on 16 February 2014
We chose this puzzle as step up from the peg piece puzzles for our 2 yr old.

This puzzle is enjoyed by our daughter but it has two major flaws. Firstly the pieces do not fit together particularly well and so are stiff to fit together. Therefore hard for our two yr old to do. We thought it might loosen up over time but it had not yet! Secondly all the pieces are cut to the same shape and so the wrong pieces fit easily together in the wrong place.
on 30 September 2013
I purchased this for my four year old boy who has just started to show an interest in doing puzzles

This was much too simple for him which didn't surprise me. The picture itself is fun and appealing but the reason for a low score is because the quality of the jigsaw pieces is not great. The pieces do not slot together smoothly and with the wood being thin some of the pieces have splintered.
on 23 October 2013
Great idea and should be a lovely product, however these jigsaws are very badly produced. Once opened, and pieces separated, I had to take a piece of sand paper to every edge to prevent splinters. Not what I would expect from a childs toy!! I returned all the unopened ones I had bought at the same time. Have had Melissa and Doug wooden products previously and loved them - Very disappointed.
on 13 August 2014
Thouhgt this was an excellent product. I couldn't believe some of the reviews on here saying that the product was sub-standard as we found it to be very well made, strong and durable. My 2 year old daughter builds and rebuilds this puzzle and never gets bored of it. If I have one suggestion it's that the price is a little bit too much.
on 28 April 2014
Picture is not printed on the backboard or even on the box (except for a tiny version on the back). So you have to kind of memorise the picture - ok for adults - not helpful for kids. Would be better with a picture to refer to.
on 29 April 2014
wHAT A BEAUTIFULLY MADE JIGSAW. Vibrant colours and cute animals that are easy to recognise.My daughter loves it. Will definitely be buying another.
on 6 October 2016
Nice and durable. Ideal for toddlers. Price could be more competitive.