on 13 November 2007
Bought this book for my mum's birthday but ended up keeping it to try it out for a week. It's got loads of patterns that knit up quickly in an evening - and when i (eventually) gave it to mum she made up the more complicated things like the cushions and crochet things for me! Win Win. Easy to follow - and a nice clean design so you don't have to keep flipping over the page to follow the pattern.
on 20 October 2009
I don't know about you but I have an almost physical reaction to a pattern telling me how 'fun' and 'wacky' it is. All the patterns in this book seem to use bizarre novelty yarns and most of them are utterly hideous. There wasn't one pattern that I wanted to make. Very disappointed. The patterns are incredibly simple too so really only suitable for beginners. I've given it two stars rather than one because if novelty yarns are your thing then you'll probably love it. But if you also think they're pretty tacky and a waste of good knitting time then don't waste your money.
on 28 June 2009
I was very disappouinted with this book. I expected something a little more imaginative than what I received. I gave it away unused as there was nothing in it that I wold have knitted except for some bootees but as they were made in mohair and therefore totally unsuitable for a small baby I didnt bother to make them.
on 30 December 2009
I love knitting books and thought this would be a great addition to my collection and have ideas in it for using up oddments of yarn. Unfortunately I was very disappointed with the contents, not one pattern I would knit and I didn't find it very inspiring either. A good book if you like novelty yarns and semi-useful items, nice colour photos throughout.
on 3 December 2012
I was disappointed in this book as the patterns were very basic and most of them I could knit without a pattern. Having said that, I am quite an experienced knitter and maybe I should have been more careful in the book I chose. It had a few good ideas so for someone new to knitting from patterns it might be a nice way to start, as the projects were naturally small as they didn't use much wool, but I would have liked more for the experienced knitter as there are plenty of more complicated things that don't take much wool either.
The book was clearly laid out and very colourful, but some of the patterns seemed to me to be things I could not imagine anyone would want to have when finished.
on 15 November 2007
... book. I even attempted crochet which shocked me! Pretty to look at and I'm already on my third thing!
on 3 February 2008
I received this as a present and was SO disappointed with it. Not 1 single pattern that I would actually want to make - I found Vintage Crochet so much more inspiring.
on 25 February 2008
I received this book as a present, and was a little disappointed. There were not as many things I wanted to make as I had hoped, but it is quite easy to follow.
on 10 June 2009
The projects in this book are varied and interesting, however I cringe every time I see the glaring grammatical error in the title.
on 14 January 2011
THIS IS A GOOD BOOK FOR PEOPL NEEDING TO SORT THROUGH THEIR YARN STASH GREAT FOR PRESENT MAKING BIRTHDAYS AND CHRISTMAS