Flavour: Orange|Change

on 27 May 2016
I had two half-marathons this year and used these gels for both. The orange flavour is the best flavour I've tried. Some reviews complain that they don't make you hyper; that's not the point of these gels. They replace the energy stores in your muscles when you're doing long endurance exercise and help you avoid hitting a wall where your glycogen is depleted. They don't give you a rush they just keep you from crashing.

The texture gets some getting used to, but using these gels definitely helps you avoid hitting a wall.
on 21 April 2017
Yes the texture isn't great but, at 15 miles into a long run you worry much less about that and more about keeping your legs ticking over.
These certainly help give you an energy lift, taking about 10 mins to kick in, but then I find I have to keep taking them about every 20 mins to keep at that energised level (as it recommends) otherwise you'll really notice how tired you really are. So for longer runs you need to take a few with you.
Now I don't go on long runs without them.
on 8 June 2017
Only recently started using energy gels for my longer runs as wasn't sure on their benefits for me. Safe to say these work really well. Not overly sweet, don't cause me stomach cramps and have helped me run longer and recover quicker. I'm sold 👍
on 21 June 2017
Used 13 of them whilst running the Stirling Scottish Marathon in May (2017). Worked well and can be taken without water and kind on my stomach. Big drawback however is the weight of them. Needed an additional waist pack which was pretty heavy until I had got thru more than half if them which was over 2 hours into the marathon at the pace I run these days!!
on 30 March 2017
Ran a half marathon in March and three of these really helped.
on 4 June 2014
I understand with these energy gels that they are not for everyone and you should definitely try them out before buying in bulking. I particularly like these as I feel a noticeable difference within about five minutes of taking them.

Only tip is take them before you start to fatigue not after its already happened. Succesfully saw me round the London Marathon course in matching half marathon split times without stopping.
on 15 November 2016
These kept me going through a number of important league games and cup finals to the point I wouldn't play without a few in my kitbag. Good energy boost in a nice clean packaging
on 9 April 2017
Woyld say watch these ones if you don't have the strongest of constitutions, normal ones are fine for me but these were a different story. Just a cautionary note on the caffeine variety.
on 28 November 2016
These gels are well worth buying for any endurance athlete who needs to take on fast releasing carbs quickly. Fast and easy to consume.
on 27 July 2016
The taste is not great but not awful either, it's fairly plain. It is effective in giving an energy boost during long workouts or runs.