Format: Audio CD|Change

on 23 January 2015
One of my favorite albums..love it!
on 5 August 2016
great release, I am happy with it!
on 4 November 2015
Amazing, inspiring, thrilling.
on 6 September 2010
I bought this record because my deepest being seems to be a little corny. But these songs are waaaay to dramatic! It's like a whole album of songs penned by Dianne Warren and/or Jim Steinman!
Don't get me wrong. I love Jim Steinman's stuff and also a lot of Diane Warren's songs BUT BUT BUT......I was expecting a little more excitement from these two guys. The album is filled with ballads, almost no dance tracks ("Better than Love" is pretty much the only one) and the feeling that these two are taking themselves too seriously. Even in 1985, Tennant and Lowe (I bet you see them when you look at the cover art) put out a little more fun in their music....
Alas, the songs are not bad at all, the duet with Kylie leaves you with a sensation of uncomfortable helplessness as well as some other of the songs included here do.
I will expect a much energetic effort next time guys....
44 comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 11 April 2014
SENT AS A GIFT TO OUR GRAND DAUGHTER IN WALES WE ASSUME SHE LOVED IT FROM HER THANK YOU LETTER, SO THAT IS ALL WE CAN SAY AS IT IS NOT MY CHOICE OF GROUP / MUSIC SORRY.
on 23 December 2010
Until recently i had never heard of the Hurts. I am impressed with the
quality and sound of the band and it is currently first choice in my car.
on 21 May 2016