on 11 March 2016
I have reviewed another Global knife guard in a different size elsewhere. Expensive and makes it tricky to fit in standard knife racks. Also the magnetic plastic used smells quite strongly, even after 3 months and a trip through the dishwasher.
on 2 January 2015
This is a substantial blade guard. The magnetic panels on the inside look like they could easily peel away from the silicone body as they are stuck on with adhesive...in fact I did peel one back quite easily so I wonder how long this will last.
on 18 October 2010
I bought this to use with my Global knives which I treasure. I don't especially like the magnetic strips where you hang your knives as I'd rather keep the sheathed where they can't fall and blunt the blades, or the bench blocks as I consider them a little unsanitary and they take up too much space on the bench. These allow you to store the knives in a drawer without being afraid of the knives being scratched or blunted by moving around. Made of rubber with a flexible magnet on the inside, these are ideal for storing your knives.
on 17 February 2014
This holder is perfect for porcelain knives with thin blades. It holds my porcelain knife (link below) blade secure and protects the blade from damage. Ideal when storing the knife in the cutlery drawer. I use mine with;
Kyocera FK Series White Ceramic 11cm Utility Knife
on 20 May 2013
Having spent a lot of money on my knives I did not want to leave them exposed on a magnetic rack, nor in one of the Global stands (I am not a fan) so these were the perfect solution allowing me to protect the knives and keep them in a drawer without fear of damage to the knife edge
on 22 April 2014
This is exactly what I wanted - a cover for sharp Global knives. Had been trying knife blocks but hard to get sizes right and I don't want to use a magnetic strip - as I've heard these aren't good for knives. These knife guards seem good quality. I did think they were just a leather type cover but they are actually magnetic that you fold over.
on 28 March 2014
Having previously ordered the wrong size for my little santoku, I order this one after some deliberation. It is arguably a little too big for a little 13cm knife, but then Size 1 was too tiny.

Oddly, considering these knife guards are made by and for Global, they are not particularly well designed. The interior of the guard consists of two long strip magnets on either size, which obviously clamp to the blade through the amazing power of magnetism. Unfortunately, Global didn't give as much thought to the handle that sticks out, more specifically the bit where blade becomes grip. The guards don't close particularly well, as they didn't cut a slot in the end for the aforementioned area where the grip starts. They clamp shut on the blade ok, but it all looks a little awkward, which is not what you expect from Global really.

Lastly...no, I don't know if it makes the blades a bit magnetic, I don't plan on cutting any paper clips, so I doubt I will be testing that.
on 23 January 2012
very useful product in the fact it stops you from cutting yourself when putting your hand into the knife draw to get the knife and also protects the blade from getting nicks from other knives in the draw.
on 27 March 2014
love these knife guards as they are of good quality material and have a good magnetic closing system ensuring my sons knives are safely transported to and fro from work.
on 24 August 2016
Was good to begin with but now the glue has come undone on the magnetic part and you have to keep peeling it off which isn't great!