on 17 June 2012
"If you've never been charged by an enthusiastic Cyclops wearing a flowered apron and rubber cleaning gloves, I'm telling you, it'll wake you up quick."

I'm going to start of by saying you would never, ever find me in the Labyrinth. That things sound scary. Not so much the monsters you encounter, but the fact it's forever changing and alive in some ways.

I absolutely love this series and this book definitely did not disappoint.

I thought I'd completely called a twist after a certain dream scene of Percys and was all chuffed with myself then was absolutely gobsmacked when the actual twist turned out to be even more impressive.

Riordan is just a brilliant writer. Even in pretty dire situations he seems to find a way to bring humour into it without taking away from the seriousness of the situation! I was also really glad we got to see Rachel Elizabeth Dare again. I mean, we only met her very, very briefly in the last book but I had a feeling we'd be seeing her again and I'm glad it was so soon and in such a big way!

One thing I could of done without was the nearly superficial love triangle that Percy found himself in. I mean, him and Annabeth had enough problems getting together with Luke and mass drama of nearly dying every page without another problem but it worked weirdly enough in the end.

I finished this book to only go straight onto the next. I just couldn't wait to find out what happened!
VINE VOICETOP 1000 REVIEWERon 4 August 2013
This is the fourth adventure in the Percy Jackson series that starts with Percy Jackson and The Lightning Thief.

Percy is a boy who happens to be half god, or a half blood as people like him are known. His father is Poseidon, king of the oceans, and because of him Percy can control the waters and the things that live in the water.

When Percy first discovers about his half blood origins he is at Camp Half Blood, a summer camp for heroes of the new Olympus. Olympus is alive and well in the 21st Century and situated in a magical quantum way in and around America, the new seat of world power.

Each book unfolds a quest which Percy and his friends must go on to save the world, and the Olympian Gods from destruction. In this volume, the power of Kronos, the evil Titan Lord grows even stronger, and he sends his hordes through the new version of the minotaur's labyrinth to try and destroy Percy, his friends and all they stand for.

I love these books. My children love these books. They are funny, clever and ingenious. I love the way Rick Riordan marries the classic Greek myths to the modern world and makes the stories fit so seamlessly it appears as if they were meant to be like that all along. I love the fact that as well as being complete page turners, the stories are thoughtful and the characters are well developed. The overarching plot line of Kronos and his dark army is inspired, and makes each quest more rich and interesting to read about than if they had been standalone adventures.

There is one more book to go in this series, and my children and I cannot wait to read it together. I've been reading the books out loud to my six and ten year olds and they actually beg me for more chapters. If my voice would hold out all day, they'd have me reading all day. Wonderful books.
on 18 August 2016
This book was my 3rd favourite so far. I'm going to be honest, there was too much story to this one, but when the action came, it was great. My favourite part was the fight at the end. (I'm not going to spoil) . However, the worst bit was when Percy goes to the island (no spoils)! Yet it was very funny when it came to Mr Blofis and Mrs O Leary and the dodo. Also, the action was brilliant and so, in the end that is why I am giving it 4 star 😀
on 18 January 2018
I honestly think this was one of my favourite books in the Percy Jackson series. Everything was so tense and the stakes were so high in this book. Yet, there was still that humour that only Percy can manage in the face of danger. Loved it.
on 18 September 2009
So, having made an enemy of a son of Hades last Christmas, Percy Jackson must be hoping that the new year is a lot better than the last, right?

Well, if he is, he's a fool. A game of capture the flag leads to the discovery of an entrance to the mythical Labyrinth, and thus a back-door entrance into camp. Which certain enemies, like say Kronos, Lord of Time and King of the Titans, may use to destroy the camp.

And so, another adventure begins for Percy and his friends, who must delve into this maze of wonders, terrors, monsters, friends, foes, and everything else inbetween. Including a monster who really needs to up her personal hygene levels and a friend who has more arms than you can count.

In this, the penultimate volume of the series, Riordan neatly sets up his dominoes, while also making the story fun, exciting, and compelling to read. Like the rest of the series to date, you won't be able to put this book down (which I learned the hard way).
on 11 September 2016
I LOVE the Percy Jackson series. I have read these over and over again and got half my family hooked on them as well. This review contains spoilers so stop reading now if you want to be surprised.

This bus the fourth book in the Percy Jackson and The Olympian Series by Rick Riordan. Percy, Grover and Annabeth continue their adventures - this time, Annabeth leads a quest to navigate a deadly labyrinth to find someone who could help stop Luke and his evil minions from invading Camp Half Blood. The team face numerous challenges including a three-bodied man in an evil ranch, the ,goddess Hera, a giant son of Gaia, a hideous and deadly ancient monster, and a malicious king holding a centuries old grudge.

The team also encounter Nico D'Angelo who is still bitter about the loss of his sister and intent on bringing her back regardless of dangerous consequences. Interestingly, we see Percy exposed to potential romantic interests in this book in the form of Rachel Elizabeth Dare, a gifted mortal girl; Calypso, daughter of a Titan; and of course , Annabeth.

Between the exciting adventures, surprise twists, teenage angst and Riordan's consistent humor through all the Olympian Series, this book is a great read that will keep you entertained for a long while.
on 13 February 2017
Bought the whole series of Percy Jackson for my 12-year old son who liked a lot all 5 books (including this) and read them during a relatively short time. When he finished the Harry Potter series he was in trouble what to read next so we picked these for him. I am glad we did because the story is good and engaging, adventurous enough for a young boy plus it teaches some about acient greek history (which is a bonus really). I would definietly recommend it.
on 10 September 2014
Not as good as the previous books in this series but enjoyable all the same! The story line wasn't fantastic and I found it a bit boring of how they had to keep fighting these boring monsters constantly so it lacked action as a whole. However saying this, Nick di Angelo is a really interesting character and I like his dark side in this book. The parts with Luke and Kronos were great to read and very tense which kept the book going. The love triangle with Percy, Rachel and Annabeth is great considering their age now and Tyson is still adorable! Grover finally found Pan which was brilliant but I think the book should have included Thalia because she is a main character and I love her!
on 15 July 2014
A new adventure, attempting to locate the labyrinth to prevent Luke`s supporters finding a way into Camp Half blood. The mystery of the new Sword master Quintus and a mortal girl who can see through the" mist"

A book which could not be put down until finished.
on 23 October 2013
This was the hardest out and least favourite book to read but the book saga is a really good read, The stories within the book are interesting as well as the extra bits on the greek gods were you learn reevalute what you did know about the greek gods because it sparks that extra interest in the gods, giving you more useless gemeral knowledge always good for quizzes. i read the qwhole saga quite quickly and currenly reading oother books by the author.