on 13 September 2014
This was bought to fit a unit with an embedded linux operating system on an Enphase Envoy Solar PV controller, so performance depended on the drivers being installed by the manufacturer. This worked out of the box on my Envoy system and is recommended by Enphase.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 15 January 2017
Well made product that does the job, worth every penny. Could be faster, but you get what you pay for.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 30 May 2012
Okay just bought this thing after having a new virgin super hub fitted. All the laptops connected with the new hub fine, but an older desktop in an upstairs bedroom refused to see it. (Buffallo G type USB adaptor)
Purchased this little beauty, installed software and connected device and connected straight away.

So in short if you have a super hub and a computer that wont connect, this works great. Plus the extension is usefull to locate the device in an optimal position
on 22 November 2011
I am not very good with computers and their associated gadgets, so it was with some trepidation that I decided to go wireless. However, I was aware of the name 'Netgear', and after looking at several different models chose the WNA1100 Wireless-N 150 USB Adapter.
Installation was simplicity itself and only took a couple of minutes. Everything works well and I have experienced no problems whatsoever. I would certainly recommend this adapter as it seems to represent very good value for money.
on 3 January 2013
I use mine with a laptop that only has 802.11n wireless capabilities built in. I have BT Infinity 2 with a 60MB connection and with this USB adapter I am able to make the most of my internet connection.

Performance is noticably quicker in both download and upload. Web browsing is also noticalbly quicker with web pages loading almost instantly. Streaming of media across my home network is also very impressive.

The only downside I could see would be for those with computers with USB3 interfaces as this adapter only supports USB2. The 802.11ac wireless standard is capable of data throughput beyond the USB2 standard capabilities. But the USB2 throughput is more than enough for current broadband connections.

I have not noticed any problems with build quality or reliability since purchasing some months ago.
22 Comments| 4 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on 19 January 2012
I use this in my garden shed for my PC approx 65ft from the wireless router. it reaches through insulated brick walls and acheives a 'good' connection quality.
Simple to connect plug and play search for your wireless network enter the key and ready to go.
fast despatch and delivery from the supplier.
on 21 July 2013
I have had this item for a few months now and i recommend this to anyone, especially if you have fibre optic (BT Infinity for instance). Most of the WiFi dongles only pick up "roughly" 2 thirds of the total download compared to linking up via ethernet, this dongle gets between 90% to 100% of the download without dropping out. The dongle itself is nothing to look at, looks rather cheap to be honest but looks are nothing compared to the product doing the job it suppose to do. This is why i have given this a five star rating. The A6200 might seem a little on the pricey side compared with other dongles but this little gem of a dongle is by far advanced with its pick up, the only thing i can further say about this dongle (which in some peoples eyes being disappointing) it's USB 2 not the more advanced USB 3 but at the end of the day why complain about that minor thing when you will get 90% to 100% of the download speed that you pay for via your ISP.
on 12 April 2015
I purchased two of these adapters in September 2014 for a Lenovo IdeaCentre Q180 running 64bit Windows 7 and a Q190 running 64bit Windows 8. Initially these both worked well but within weeks the wireless speeds dropped from 50Mpbs to between 1-5Mpbs - this would always coincide with the light on the side of the device turning from blue to orange. Initially the problem could easily be remedied by either rebooting the PC or disconnecting the device and plugging it back in again, over time however it increasingly became necessary to reinstall the device drivers until I found I was having to do this on a daily basis. Eventually after 6 months the adapter on the Q180 running Windows 7 stopped working altogether and with much relief I replaced it with a GMYLE Wireless AC1200 adapter which has worked perfectly ever since. I have now thrown away the second Netgear A6200 adapter and replaced it with another GMYLE AC1200 for the Q190 running Windows 8. My advice to anyone looking to purchase a Dual Band wireless network adapter is to avoid these like the plague and buy the better value and more reliable Gmyle AC1200 instead.
on 8 November 2014
easy to set up and worked straight away for win 7 PC in upstairs room to connect to downstairs virgin media hub, getting almost full signal and same speed as an Ethernet connection to 2nd PC
on 28 September 2011
Product came with an installation CD and I chose the setup option from the main menu. Things started to install and then it stopped. The main menu screen was showing but nothing was happening. I uninstalled and re-installed with the same result. Then for no particular reason I decided to move the menu screen. The screen giving the next step of the set up process was hiding behind it. For the next step of installation you can choose to press the button on the adaptor or do things manually. I put in the keypass manually and was instantly connected.
The cradle supplied is really neat and the wireless link is much faster than my previous setup. Overall a good product that works well. If it hadn't been for the screen hiding itself it would have been a 10 minute job to install.